Well Worth It - Bellevue, WA

After several years of being nervous about having...

After several years of being nervous about having people see my profile and hating the size of my nose, I finally decided to go through with a rhinoplasty. It was possibly the best decision of my life. Dr. Naficy and his staff were kind, caring, and professional. They told me exactly what would happen down to minute adjustments to my nose and to wear warm socks for surgery day. I am a generally nervous person, but when I woke up on the morning of my surgery, I felt nothing but excitement. All the pre-op visits had prepared me for every step of the way. Waking up, it was hard to tell that I had even had surgery, other than the bandages on my nose.

Post-op care was easy with the supplies and instructions they provided. Though my face did swell greatly for a few days after the surgery, I never experienced anything more than slight discomfort in my nose. I was up for normal activities the day I got my cast off.

It's now three months later and my nose is perfect. I can breath perfectly normally, it looks like I was born with it, and none of my friends could even tell that I had surgery on it- that's just how normal a nosejob by Naficy looks.
Seattle Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Naficy is a very kind, modest doctor. I fear that no where else in the northwest even comes close to comparing with his experience, skill, and finesse. From telling me exactly what he would be doing with my nose to taking care with putting bobby pins in my hair to take pre-op pictures, he was always considerate of what I needed and wanted in every situation. I would recommend this place to anybody considering a rhinoplasty or septoplasty in the future.

pics pics pics pics picsp ics pics
The hardest part of my recovery was definitely days 2 & 3. The swelling was horrid and, despite setting an alarm on day 3, we slept through and I didn't get to take my oxycodone until an hour or so after the last had worn off. I had an hour or so there where I was just sitting waiting for it to kick in. If I had any advice for those days, it would be to keep icing, double up with oxy and tylenol (depending on your prescription and personal tolerances!), keep your head elevated, and try warming your feet with a heating pad of some sort. That may seem odd, but I found it helped draw some blood away from my face, which relieved the pressure of swelling and the sensitivity around the surgical area.
lame

Thanks for sharing your experience on RealSelf! What would you say was the hardest part of recovery for you and how did you cope?

can't you crop out a picture of your nose?
It's great to hear nice stories! You uploading and photos?
most likely not, I'm a student in high school and I wouldn't want any schoolmates (who definitely don't know and can't tell I had surgery!) seeing it. Sorry!
Totally understand :-)