A Wonderful Experience - Bellevue, WA

Whatever the reason, I was not born with either of...

Whatever the reason, I was not born with either of my parents' noses. As I grew up, any roughhousing or nasal manipulation probably did not help this fact, and I ended up with a deviated septum and a hooked shape nose. I went to Dr. Naficy's office earlier in 2014 for a consultation for a rhino-septoplasty. My appointment was with one of the lovely patient care coordinators, Vivian. She was very knowledgeable and understanding about my issues with my nose, and even called in Dr. Naficy to take a look. They both asked all the right questions without belittling my problems, and they were willing to work with my schedule in order to optimize the ease of the entire experience.
The day of surgery was quite lovely (it's true!). A nurse helped me through the entire process, and patients are allowed to use a private exit/entrance for after surgery and post-op checkups.
Luckily, I didn't have any bruising, and while I'm not knowledgeable about the fine details of surgery, I'm sure Dr. Naficy's careful technique had something to do with it!
I am currently 3 months post op, and I have never felt or looked better! I don't think that this surgery has completely, drastically changed my life, and that was not what I was looking for. I can now breathe much better, and the results look very natural. If you are reading this and considering a rhino/septoplasty, I would definitely recommend that you research all you can and find out exactly what you are getting yourself into, and I would definitely recommend Dr. Naficy's clinic.
Seattle Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Naficy, the clinic's staff, and the nurses are all so wonderful and understanding. Dr. Naficy really listens to what you have to say. He effortlessly blends his expertise with your own goals. He is very in-tune with his patients and always has a very friendly demeanor.

Thank you so much for sharing your experience on RealSelf! Were there any supplies that especially helped through your recovery?