Resistance to Botox - Xeomin is a Lifesaver! - Bellevue, WA

I developed a resistance to Botox after only 3...

I developed a resistance to Botox after only 3 uses and tried Xeomin at my Dr's suggestion. I'm 35 with moderate frown lines and had it across the forehead and between the brows. Not only did it work amazingly well (no touch ups required), but it lasted nearly 9 months and was HALF THE COST! I had no issue with abnormal swelling or pain. It was perfect. I would absolutely recommend it!!

Seattle Ophthalmologist

Wow, very interesting! I have heard talk that due to not having the accompanying protein that Botox has, that Xeomin might work for those who have grown resistant to Botox, but I haven't heard anything about it changing the amount of time that the toxin will work. Did your Botox work for 9 months as well?

Here is a Q&A that discusses the differences between Xeomin and Botox. Its interesting that almost all of the doctors mention the difference in cost:

Xeomin vs. Botox - Which is Better?

Hi Megan, The first time I tried Botox, I loved it, and it lasted about the same 9 month period. The second time, it lasted about 3 months. The third and fourth times, it lasted 3 weeks tops - and that's with a touch up after the second week on both tries, from two different doctors. I am at this point, I'm convinced that I'm pretty much immune to it - and after only a couple uses. Once Xeomin comes back on the market (hopefully Jan?), I will give it another go and report back future time elapsed between touch ups. I tried to go in for another round mid-last year, but it was pulled because of the lawsuit. In any case, I'm hopeful it will remain effective for just as long the second time around. As far as cost, this was SIGNIFICANTLY less expensive. Botox has cost me up to $600 in the past, Xeomin was a little less than $300 total (across forehead, and between brows).

Holy cow, that is a huge price difference! Although with using the Brilliant Distinction rewards (the program Allergan has set up), I usually only pay $250-$300 for 3 areas of botox (between my eyebrows, forehead, and crows feet). If that price was able to be cut in half I would be thrilled.

It sounds like we might have to wait until March to start to see Xeomin advertised, according to the info we found in this blog. If it is less expensive I'm definitely going to consider trying it!