Permanent Black Eye from Restylane - Bellevue, WA

I had Restylane injected under both eyes and...

I had Restylane injected under both eyes and around my mouth in November 2011. Under my eyes, It looked like it was injected in the wrong spot (not in the depressions under my eyes, but below that). It looked like I had ridges under my eyes. I went back 3 times to have it disolved under my right eye and 1 time under my left eye. I am left with what looks like a permanent black eye under my right eye. Around my mouth, you can feel and see the restalyn but it's not nearly as bad as what I'm dealing with around my eyes. Not sure what to do now. It's been 6 months and I just now had a 2nd oppinion. The Dr. I saw said it looked like it was injected too superficially in all areas. He said he could add more under my eyes in the actual depressions to even it out but, I'm leary.

I had Restylane in my nasolabial folds and had a bluish tint that lasted about a year. Then it went away completely. Hope this helps :)

I'm not a doctor but from what I've researched the doctor should be injecting the filler right at the orbital bone... not above the bone (where the eye would be located). Also, the injection should be right on top of the bone. Not in the muscle or in the skin area. He said he " injected superficially in all areas". That tells me that he has no clue what he is doing. In ALL areas? He shouldn't have a syringe in his hand!
Megan, the Doctor I went to is on your Doctor Finder list.....losing hope.