Tunneling and Uneven Lipo Results - Bellevue, WA

Wanted to remove some stubborn fat deposits...

Wanted to remove some stubborn fat deposits. It makes me sad to see all these recommendations; I believed them and had lipo with this Dr. on my abdomen and had really embarrassing uneven results. The result was not natural (tunneling and too much taken out of one side so uneven). When I asked him about it he said there wasn't anything he could do and his waiver I signed had said I could have uneven results. I had asked him about it when I signed and he explained that was only something he saw from 'other surgeons'... sadly for me I got it from him.

When I went back for my final appointment and the tunneling was showing up even worse he said it was becauuse I had unrealistic expectations. Made me really sad because a good friend had lipo from a different Dr. before I did mine and theirs turned out totally natural looking. The only reason I chose a different Dr. was because my friend didn't research and a trusted friend's dad who is also a PS recommended Dr. R. I also paid $2000 more than my friend and thought i'd be getting better results... sadly they were worse and of course I wouldn't let the Dr. who messed it up the first time touch my body again.

Hopefully someday I can get it fixed but I don't really trust plastic surgeons anymore as I thought i'd chosen the best in Dr. R but was wrong. Good luck everyone.

Seattle Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your review. This is something I want to get done and it is good to know what to expect. Who was the Dr that your friend recommends?

Hello Phoenix -- Welcome to RealSelf and thank you for sharing your story with us. I'm very sorry to hear about your uneven results. Could you possibly explain what "tunneling" is, as this isn't something I've heard of before?

It's thin lines of depressed areas. I have them on one side of my abdomen and in a 'v' shape on the lower front where he took the fat out but it wasn't done evenly, so it left visible depression lines. I hope that makes sense! In addition the lower left quadrant of my abdomen has more fat than the right, so it's unbalanced and has a wavy look. I know he was highly recommended but my experience was so incredibly disappointing. I thought if I had a good surgeon I'd be set, but I was wrong.

Yes, that does make sense, thanks.

Is Dr. R. aware of the problems you're having?

Of course, I think I posted that in my original post?

Yep, I missed that. Sorry!