Laser Resurfacing: Acne Scars, Sun Damage, Discoloration, and Wrinkles Lessened or Obliterated - Bellevue, WA

I've been a patient of Dr. Levy and the Medical...

I've been a patient of Dr. Levy and the Medical Spa at the Pro Sports Club for several years, but only last year did I finally choose to undergo the procedure my laser hair removal/IPL specialist recommended: deep laser resurfacing. I chose this procedure because at age 62, my face was beginning to get that bloodhound look --- drooping, folding, falling --- and my skin showed the effects of teenage acne and aging even more starkly as a result of diminishing collagen. I was getting weird red marks, veins, and other horrors. I would look in the mirror and say, "facial plastic surgery!" Seriously, facial plastic surgery was the last thing I wanted to consider, but I needed to do something to help my face match the way I feel (younger, healthier than my face looked).

I had a lot of confidence in both the Medical Spa at Pro Sports Club and Dr. Daniel Levy (he successfully removed a mole from my face a few years ago), so I went ahead. On the day of the procedure, I was well cared for from start to finish. Dr. Levy did a stellar job of evenly working on my face, addressing areas of concern (one particularly bad scar) with great skill. The procedure (the deep fraxel) leaves your skin in a pretty goopy state for the first several days after the procedure, but once I was able to begin a more normal care, cleaning, and healing program, I began to see wonderful results. My face looked firmer and less droopy all around. My skin was clearer, smoother, less pore-and-pock marked than it had been before. My eyelids had been treated, and although I didn't think I needed attention in this area initially, I was amazed at the difference the procedure made to smoothing out folds and wrinkles. Since I had this procedure at the end of November last year (about 4 months), the improvements have only gotten better, as collagen has increased. In addition to this procedure, and adding somewhere around $2500 more to the total cost, I followed the laser surfacing with an application of Botox to loosen up the disturbing squint/frown lines between my eyes and Juvederm for marionette lines (which were softened by the laser resurfacing, but not eradicated). Finally, after speaking with Dr. Levy and seeing a demo on a woman I have known for several years, I added an application of Voluma to my cheek areas. The Voluma is projected to last up to 2 years; the Juvederm and Botox much less. Still, I (and my husband) agree that the procedures made a very positive difference. The words "facial plastic surgery" haven't been spoken since I had the laser resurfacing and other procedures done.

I had no side effects to speak of, unless you count an increased confidence about how I look.

I have always looked a little bit younger than my age to begin with, and while I wouldn't claim to look startlingly younger, I definitely look much better (and healthier) as a result of the procedures Dr. Levy did for me. He has an incredibly good eye for where to place fillers, and he is very good at assessing where one will get the most bang for the buck in terms of injectables.
What's the difference between a chemical peel and laser resurfacing?
Congrats, so glad everything went well for you - thanks so much for sharing!! Did you take before and after pictures that you would be willing to share with us?
No, sorry! As pleased as I am with my results and my doctor, I'd just as soon remain anonymous.
Bellevue Dermatologic Surgeon

Dr. Daniel Levy is my go-to guy for all things dermatological.