Lumps, Bumps and Blue Tinge

I'm 46, female and had Juvederm injected under my...

I'm 46, female and had Juvederm injected under my eyes. 2 mos later my injection left bubbles, lumps and blue discoloration which I found out is rare but can happen if the injector is inexperienced. Make sure you go to an opthamolic plastic surgeon to get this done. Eye anatomy expertise is necessary; otherwise you could look worse than when you walked into the office.

Seattle Facial Plastic Surgeon

The staff were friendly and I have no complaints about the facility. It's great. Naficy has a good rep. He didn't inject me though. The injector was not experienced in under eye injections (in my opinion) because she didn't improve my appearance. I paid $525.00 for pouches under my eyes and bluish masses where the product is. I waited 2 months for the swelling to go down and just went in yesterday to have some acid injected to eat up some of the filler to reduce the bulges. It was an expensive lesson.

Thanks for your advise! I did after 3.5 grueling weeks go to a highly regarded plastic surgeon yesterday for the vitrase. All the nasty product from the right eye is gone but the left eye has a little bruise so i may need another shot. I hate to hear doctors say well if it doesn't work, just get a shot of the enzyme-they don't realize what we have to look like/live with for weeks before swelling goes down and we decide we really really need the enzyme. PLUS the $$$$$$$$$$$$! PLUS it doesn't work for everyone.argh!!!!!!!!
i got injected under the eye 2 weeks ago-all bumpy and swollen yet. doc said this never happened before. the staff think the blue tint and bumps on right eye and bag under left are from a lymph drainage problem-how much time should i give it? the doctor said she would enject the enzyme at no charge but said i would bruise and swell all over again. did this happen to you? they discouraged me from using the enzyme........
I was bruised and swollen for a solid month and a half. Where did you have it done? I think that's complete BS for them to imply bruising and swelling is unusual because it's NOT! Give it another week and if you're still lumpy and blue, have the enzyme injected. I had to have her give me the enzyme on two different visits a month apart. It worked and my eyes look okay now but it took almost 3 months for the results to take affect. Based on what you're telling me about this doctor so far, I'm tempted to tell you to go to someone else. I read reviews a couple of places that specifically said to seek out an oculoplastic surgeon or someone who specializes in eyes. The area under the eyes is delicate and unforgiving and shouldn't be left to amateurs.
HAD IT DONE 6/11-CAN I SHOW YOU A PHOTO SOMEHOW TO COMPARE
NOTES?
Oh no! That would REALLY suck to have something go wrong with your lips. At least I can wear sunglasses. :) It's such a crap shoot when you go have something done. You put complete trust in that person with your appearance and you never know how it will turn out. I'd never had fillers before so I had no idea what to expect. I was just going on before and after pics and figured it was easy. It was a good lesson for me to do more research before any procedure no matter how minor it seems. Naficy's practice has such a stellar rep though I didn't think I had anything to worry about. If I need to have my lumps adjusted further, I'm going to ask for Monica going forward and leave the original injector out of it. You could try Dr. Sires at Allure in Kirkland. I read good reviews about him and he's an oculoplastic surgeon...
I have been to naficy's office for Botox and fillers, I loved Monica. I once had another lady inject restalyne in my lips and it was a disaster (won't mention a name :-) i know of doctors who won't even go near the eyes with fillers because of the risks. It's to bad because I really need some under eye help!
I don't want to get anyone in trouble. She's a really nice person and her Botox injections are great; just needs some practice doing under the eye injections. My guess is that she probably knows this based on my results. The swelling has gone down and after giving the 2nd round of acid injections 48 hours, my lumps have lessened considerably. Still lumpy but I can live with it for now. I still won't ever try it again; not worth the risk or cost. After reading a lot of posts on this topic, the consistent advice was to locate someone with expert knowledge of the anatomy of the eye who has tons of experience injecting in this area; ideally an oculoplastic surgeon (I'd never even heard of this discipline). I'll offer that "Monika" from Naficy was recommended for under eye injections in another post. She did NOT do my injection.
Do you mind saying who your injector was?
Ha! Probably won't try it again. I just read some really scary stories about under eye injections that went horribly, horribly wrong and I think I'll count my blessings that it wasn't worse. That area of the face is too fragile to mess with and I'm not willing to gamble. I'll deal with hollow eyes. I will be VERY vocal about the dangers from here on out and talk others out of trying it. My own eyes should be enough of a deterrent for anyone considering it.

I'm sorry to hear the treatment didn't turn out how you had hoped. Did the acid you had injected completely reduce the bulges?

It reduced the bulges some but now I have an issue with the product being unevenly reduced so there are still bumps and uneven spots under my eyes; they're just smaller now. It looked like someone squirted a strip of caulking under my skin. There was a ridge of product under one eye and kind of a blob under the other. The product didn't blend or even out like I thought it would or had seen in before and after photos. The blue tinge was not attractive either. From what I read, it sounds like it wasn't injected properly or deeply enough (hence the blue tinge). I will go to Brian Sires, MD next time. He's an oculoplastic surgeon at Allure Cosmetic Surgery in Kirkland, WA. He has a good reputation for using filler around the eyes.

Honestly, I'm surprised you would consider doing a filler in that area again. I would love it if you would keep us posted on how you are doing & if you do decide to try some again.