Fat Transfer to Cheeks & Jaw Athenix Body Sculpting Institute - Bellevue, WA

I recently did a facial fat transfer on June 10,...

I recently did a facial fat transfer on June 10, 2014. When I was younger I made a mistake of taking out my buccal fat because I had big cheeks, but little did I know that it was all baby fat. SO I WOULD LIKE TO TELL EVERYONE... PLEASE DO NOT TAKE OUT BUCCAL FAT UNLESS YOU ARE AT LEAST 40+ years old. Anyways I wanted to give you guys my day to day updates... hopefully this will be useful to other people.

Day 1 of surery : (6/10/14) - I am swollen, but not as swollen as I thought I would be... Kind of worried because I have been told that most the fat that was injected in the area will not last.... hopefully that is different for me.. because I barely look swollen. I can go out in public and noone would really notice. The only thing that was noticeable were the 3 injection dots on my face that had scabs. I ate normally because noone told me that I had to follow a specific diet

Day two : 6/11/14 - I am worried because I am not that swollen and I have no fat in the places I really needed them in. Maybe it looks like that because I am still swollen a little bit.. I mean a really little bit in the places around it? I am really starting to worry in the evening because my swelling is really going down, and the places that need to have fat has none. I don't know, maybe I am just worried. I started to look up facial fat grafting post op expectations, and I get more worried. I saw on the internet that you were suppose to be on a soft food or liquid diet for 5-7days rigt after your facial fat grafting surgery... NOONE told me that. The after-care paper work said nothing about a specific diet after surgery. I litterally start to break out in cold sweat.

You see, I scarificed a lot to pay for this surgery. I am not rich so it litterally was all of my savings... I have been saving for years to get this done.. I have not eatten everything that I wanted to eat.. I had to even sacrafice some things for my first baby girl that is 7 months old. (I know I am a selfish mom) But this was the first thing I have ever done for myself. Also, I am still recovering from baby blues... :( ....

--- So far this is it.. my plan is to call the doctors tomorrow .. please keep your fingers crossed. Thank you everyone.

I WILL KEEP YOU UPDATED.

Fat Transfer Athenix Belleuve, WA

Okay, as you guys all know I got my fat transfer into my cheecks about 10 days ago.

DAY !0: I don't think I have any more swelling, well I hope I don't because then I will be in the same place as I started... which is no fat in cheeck area. I am kind of getting worried because I am starting to look the way that I was before the surgery. I wanted fat in my cheecks so I don't look like a skeleton, so I really needed a lot of fat right below my cheeck bone. But I don't think there was any fat put in there. The plus side is that the doctor did very well on my chin ( I wanted to have a more defined face so instead of a chin implant i got fat injected on my chin,) That actually stayed and looks good. But my main problem is still there. I am afraid to wake up in the morning to see my fat in my cheeks getting smaller and smaller, which is what is happening now. I actually looked better right after the surgery when I was pretty swollen then I do now.

I am meeting with the doctor's nurse tomorrow. I am hoping that they can do the surgery over becuase the problem is still not solved. The doctor said that I had to wait 6 months to have more fat in my cheeks. I am upset that now I have to wait 6 months and also that I might have to pay for the surgery again, which I do not think is fair. I mean, I wish that they can at least give me a 50% discount because the fat was not inserted in the place that I really needed in.

I will give you guys another update after I meet with the nurse tomorrow. Hopefully they can do another surgery without costs. If they do then I will be less upset that I have to wait another 6 months.

Fat Transfer / Fat Grafting Athenix Bellevue, WA

Hello, I am now 2 weeks in recovery from my fat transfer done on the 10th of June. I wanted to post this review and let you know that I got a email and a call from Athenix, which was a suprise. They wanted to let me know that they heard that I was having some concerns about my recent fat transfer. I told them my story, which was that there was no fat transfered into the area that I really needed the most. They assured me that they would help me find a solution to this problem. I have not gotten any promises yet, but I am in hope that they will help me get a satisfied result. I will keep you updated on this issue. Thank you for contacting me about your questions with fat transfer I hope that I can be of some help :)

ATHENIX BELLEVUE, WASHINGTON - FAT TRANSFER TO CHEEKS & JAW

Sorry for the late update. I have to tell you that so much has changed. I had another fat transfer to my cheeks over 3 months ago, and I have to tell you I am pretty impressed. I think that Dr. Bullis and I had a misunderstanding, but everything worked out and I am very pleased with my results.

I had buccal fat removal years ago... and regret the day that I had that done. and
Athenix Body Sculpting Institute