33 Year Old Male Having Liposuction of Abdomen and Flanks -Bellevue, WA

I'm a 33 year old male who is 5'8 and is having...

I'm a 33 year old male who is 5'8 and is having liposuction of abdomen and flanks. A little background. I've always struggled with my weight. By no means am I obese, just pleasantly plump. I've varied from 180 in high school to 130 in college to 190 in my late 20's. Currently I'm at 155 and have some flab on my stomach and love handles that never goes away no matter my weight. I decided to have lipo as part of an overall get health program. I'm working out regularly (and plan to continue after the surgery) and am overall healthy. I'm posting some before pictures and will post pictures monthly up until the 6 month mark. I'm pretty concerned about skin tightness and plan to do everything I can to ensure it tightens as much as possible.

The surgery: I had the surgery yesterday. I had Zerona™ Laser Liposculpture. I was pretty nervous. I'm in recovery from drug addiction (10 years now) and so the idea of taking pain pills scared me. I was numbed up before the surgery and given some Versed via IV while on the operating table. That made everything better and we talked politics as he injected me with the numbing solution. The procedure itself went fine and I was awake for it but almost fell asleep. I went home afterwards and leaked fluid everywhere (they said that would happen) and napped for a few hours. I got up, ate and went about the house doing things. The garment is a little awkward but not the end of the world. I'm not sure when the numbing solution wore off but it must have happened sometime late in the night while I asleep. Woke up fine, showered, and then put the compression garment on. I can tell that having the compression garment off allowed some swelling to start. I've literally had no pain and certainly had no need for pain medication. I've taken tylenol a few times just in case but other than a few random aches nothing much has happened.

I'll update after my one week follow-up

Before photos

Here are some before photos

1 week update

So the week date has come and everything is good. I had no problem going to work and getting back to my life. I started going to the gym again after 1 week and everything is good. The compression garment is still being worn and I don't mind it.

I've taken some photos. These aren't of the same quality as my before photos but you get the idea. The swelling is still here so I have no idea what the final shape will be. I can say that my love handles from the rear photo are gone so that's pretty amazing. More will be revealed.

1 Month Mark

So it's been 1 month since my lipo and everything is great so far. The swelling on the front has gone down considerably over the last week and I am seeing a pretty big difference. I knew going into this that I wouldn't have a flat stomach. The doctor said he would reduce what's there by a percentage and I think that goal's been accomplished. I think the rear and sides are still swollen significantly so I'm not sure I'm seeing similar results there as I am on the front. Pain has been non-existent. My sides are a little tender but I'm massaging on a daily basis. I'll update again at 2 months.

3 Months

It's been three months since my liposuction and things are going well. I've taken some photos of the 3 month mark.
Seattle Ophthalmologist

So far so good. I had the surgery yesterday and am feeling good. I'll update as it goes on.

You look great! I'm having my stomach and hips done on the 23rd and hope to recover as easily as you.

Hi there, welcome and thanks so much for sharing your experience with us!

I have to say, your after photos look awesome! It looks like you're getting great results from the Lipo.  Hopefully as time goes on and all of your swelling goes down, those results will continue to improve.

Please do keep us updated with your progress!