Very Disappointed with Results. Waste of Money and Time. - Bellevue, WA

I'm very unhappy with the results. Not at all what...

I'm very unhappy with the results. Not at all what I expected. It has been only six months and the lines on my face are already showing again. Actually, the lines appear worse on the right side of my face than before. Around the eyes are very uneven. I told Dr. Young about this and he suggested getting fillers done. I didn't know that even after a full facelift I would still need fillers. I had told Dr. Young that was my motivation for having the surgery in the first place. Also, the scars left after my facelift are horrendous. Dr. Young must have been incredibly careless doing the incisions. Even now, the scars are thick and raised. I don't think I will go back because I feel like I have already wasted too much money and time. Not worth it at all.

Photos 6 months post op

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Young performed my facelift, but I'm very unhappy with the results. It has been only six months and the lines on my face are already showing again. Actually, the lines appear worse on the right side of my face than before. Around the eyes are very uneven. I told Dr. Young about this and he suggested getting fillers done. I didn't know that even after a full facelift I would still need fillers. I had told Dr. Young that was my motivation for having the surgery in the first place. Also, the scars left after my facelift are horrendous. Dr. Young must have been incredibly careless doing the incisions. Even now, the scars are thick and raised. And the wait times to see Dr. Young were ridiculous. I usually had to wait 40-60min before he saw me. He would see me for 5-10min and then not return. Very bad time management.

The scar is quite visible...was there any scar treatment applied after this picture was taken?
I wish you all the best and I feel your pain. Can you show us updated pictures? I had a chin scar revision and extra work done to revise neck. This time I started using a different scar gel that worked better on my chin scar. My doctor has me do light pressure massage to keep the scar flat and soft. The scar gel is called biocornium. Get the doctor to give you a few bottles as it is expensive.
There is a new service that businesses can subscribe to that will remove any negative comments about the business that is posted on the internet. I saw the ad on TV recently but can't remember the name of it. It is supposed to "remove false negative" reviews. Just a questions: Would this service effect Realself?
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Is it possible that these reviews are fake? We all have trust in this website.
The unfavorable ones just get removed so that they are not visible to anyone except the person who posted them. And, a short statement is inserted stating that the person who posted the review 'did not follow community guidelines'. So, when one is attempting to research a physician and comes across this website, all we see is rave reviews. This is the reason why the doctors pay lots of money to advertise on this site - because the site paints each of them in a favorable light, regardless of their true skill levels or how many people's lives they've wrecked.
the doctors pay? I didn't know that.
I was indeed a real patient of Dr. Young. I would not bother spending time posting a review, if I wasn't. And Dr. Young, I will not be contacting you because I don't think there is anything else you can do to help me. I never want to be reminded of the bad experience I had.
Hi vsoah31, we sent you a private message but didn't hear back from you. Can you verify that you were a previous patient of ours? The incision in the picture does not look familiar. Thank you. Aesthetic Facial Plastic Surgery.
How do you know this? What evidence/proof do you have that this is true?
HI edb,

Thanks for your comment. I just want to clarify that unfavorable reviews do not get removed from RealSelf, simply because they are unfavorable. You are currently commenting on an unfavorable review, which is live on the site.

Negative reviews are just as important as positive in telling someone's story and, depending on the procedure, you will see that most topics have a degree of unfavorable reviews in them.

Reviews only get removed, positive or negative, if they violate RealSelf's Terms of Service.

Also, doctor's do not have to pay to join RealSelf. Any doctor who meets our board certification guidelines can join for free. There are some doctors who advertise; however, they do not get any special treatment for doing so and RealSelf does not alter their reviews to show them in a favorable light.
You are incorrect. We have a team of people doing our best to keep reviews on the up and up. There are thousands of both positive and negative reviews on RealSelf. We do have a set of community guidelines that all users must follow if they'd like to post on the site. Negative reviews more often violate these guidelines than positive reviews because of the emotional nature of the negativity. Doctors do not pay "tons of money to advertise on this site". We have one program that doctors can participate in, but it does not affect who is a "Top" or "Distinguished" doctor. We do our absolute utmost to give everyone accurate information, and everyone must also do their due diligence with researching prospective surgeons.
So true...trust NO ONE when it comes to your health & never take unnecessary risks with your health & quality of life. Too late wise, unfortunately.
I agree, SallieSu2. I'd give anything if I hadn't been too trusting. Some professionals can be very trustworthy, and others ?? It can be difficult to sort out which is which. When in doubt, I wish I had put everything on hold and done another year of research.
My sister had incisions that were difficult to heal and stayed red and raised , it turned out that she was allergic to the stitches that are supposed and hers would not because of her trying to reject them , she had those removed and then the doctor stitched her up with a different product and a special type of glue. Have you researched that to see if that may be contributing to your incisions? Sorry
It turns out that I too am allergic to the stitches. But, the doctor repeatedly acted condescending, as though I was imagining that something was/is wrong. There is nothing I regret more in life than having had this doctor perform this procedure on me.
I am right there with you, only I did not get even a few months of improved appearance from this ghastly procedure. I am also 46 and I wasted about the same amount of money. Instead of correcting my smile lines, I now have a hideous & painful scar along my incision that now, 3 months after my procedure, has finally stopped draining gross Carmel colored puss. Its still hideous & painful though. I've never regretted anything more than I regret having this procedure at the recommendation and the hands of Dr Constance Barone. im sorry you had a disappointing experience, especially at such a sickenly high price: financial, emotional, & physical. -take care
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. Do you think there was an infection at the incision site and that could have caused the oozing?? In any case, it sounds like there was a lack in follow up. I am thinking of you and I know that time is the only medicine at this point. Thank you so much for your support!
I looked at his web page. He looks very young. You shouldn't have scares like this...really poor...don't go back to him...get another opinion
Yes, I will definitely NOT go back to Dr. Young. He tells me to come see him so he can help me fix it, but I am not going to risk it at this point. I don't trust him and his work. Fool me twice, shame on ME!!!
After reading all of these comments, I wish that I had not commented. I'm not sure who to believe and I would have to meet Dr Young before I'd determine anything!
Thank you for sharing the picture which says it all as no. Way should you have such scar 8 months post nor in front of the ear. I didn't have any that I recall and the numbness can take awhile to go away .maybe some of the new laser tx can help w the sc.ar. tv ads r not reliable and the best reference is a real person. Which is how I found mine. Good luck
Thanks! I feel like it was my fault for being too naive and trusting of the doctor. I have always believed that doctors would look out for their patient's best interest. But I soon discovered that it is all just a business for some doctors, like Dr. young. And I had to learn my lesson the hard way, at the expense of my face, unfortunately.
I feel now that plastic surgery is a mine field, with only about 25% or less of surgeons in a city actually caring enough to be honest and competent to do what they propose. 25% or less! I, too, trusted that most plastic surgeons would be honest and up to date in the 21st century! But I now believe that most are not! It's a national scandal that there is so little protection or support for victims of these monsters. In most cases, the bad surgeons cannot be stopped, and other, better surgeons usually cannot help the victims even if they want to.