Ematrix Nightmare - Bellevue, WA

Worst experience I have ever had. I ended up in...

Worst experience I have ever had. I ended up in the emergency room 2 days after my first (and only) treatment. I went in for a pre- treatment test area so they could see how I would react to the procedure and what strength I should use. That night the test spot was red and the next morning it was a pretty bad welt. I went to my appointment and they told me that it was ok and I would be fine. I only had the area around my mouth done.

After the treatment I was red but not bad, the next day I started showing some swelling around my mouth. That night I woke up in the middle of the night because I felt weird. My face felt really tight. By morning my face was so swollen that I could not see. My whole face swelled from my chin all the way to my eyelids. No joke, I was unrecognizable. I ended up having to go to the emergency room. I was put on an IV to help reduce the swelling. Then I was put on Prednisone for a week. The swelling finally went down on about the fourth day.

When I called the clinic to let them know what happened they just kept telling me that that has never happened. Asked me if I put anything on my face (like it was my fault I swelled up). When I told them that I obviously could not continue with the other 3 treatments they were like "ok". When I asked about refunding some of my money, since I already paid for the entire 4 treatments, they said they would have to get back to me. They didn't. I called back a few days later and they said I could get skin products or a different treatment but not my money back. When I went in to get product I was told that they would only do it this one time.

I had a total of 220.00 of product. So, I paid 2500.00 for 1 treatment, 245.00 for the emergency room visit(after insurance). SO for around 3000.00 I got 220.00 worth of product, one treatment that shows absolutely NO change and really crappy customer service.

This sounds ridiculous, you need to continue to fight this and receive the full value of what you're paid. If not is service, it should be product...and most reputable places would jump to take care of you especially considering the situation. In all honesty, you got a very strange reaction to the treatment which could not have been predicted from the technician. I don't think they did anything to warrant the reaction, it just happens to some people for various reasons. However, because you did not respond well to the treatment they should refund your money are allow you to use the value on other services or products. American Laser has a horrible reputation in regards to customer service and I'm always surprise that people still go there despite their numerous bad reviews. Again, continue to fight this until you get what is fair. Good luck!
I had almost identical experience at the same American Laser center. Did not go to ED, but all other was there!
You know the first time I did it it took 3 weeks for my face to fully heal and they kept telling me that there was a small percentage of people who are slow healers, and that unfortunately I was just one of them. I told them that if it didn't go away soon I'd demand a consultation with their staff doctor, but then it went away.

That really made me mad because they sold me on it being a really fast healing turn around, they said 5 days max, but I was swollen for about 4 days, and had tracks marks on my face for up to three weeks.

Now when I get treatments I do them Thursday nights so I have the full weekend to hide at home while the swelling goes down.

Though, ever since the first treatment my healing time did go down to about 8 days and I'm back to normal, and swelling is only 2 days now.

Honestly, it is a pain in the heiny recovery time for me but I did see results. I'm only 30 but after I had my two children and lost all the baby weight my face was kinda saggy on the jaw line, and I looked so tired. The saginess around my jaw line is gone and it's nice and tight, and I noticed super improvements on the small lines between my cheeks and nose.

So I think that the people there are a mix; the technicians are nice and sweet but the sales people will straight out lie to get you to get a package.

They almost got me on the Bella Shape, but I think I rather just work out extra harder then pay what they want to MAYBE get a result.
American Laser Skincare

I saw an actual doctor 1 time pre-treatment. He asked me a few questions ten sent me on my way. After the procedure and the swelling and ER treatment, the staff was not the least bit concerned about what happened and acted like it was my problem. My money was not refunded, nor was there any thing done to make this right. They ended up with their money and I ended up in the ER.