Ematrix Nightmare - Bellevue, WA

Worst experience I have ever had. I ended up in...

Worst experience I have ever had. I ended up in the emergency room 2 days after my first (and only) treatment. I went in for a pre- treatment test area so they could see how I would react to the procedure and what strength I should use. That night the test spot was red and the next morning it was a pretty bad welt. I went to my appointment and they told me that it was ok and I would be fine. I only had the area around my mouth done.

After the treatment I was red but not bad, the next day I started showing some swelling around my mouth. That night I woke up in the middle of the night because I felt weird. My face felt really tight. By morning my face was so swollen that I could not see. My whole face swelled from my chin all the way to my eyelids. No joke, I was unrecognizable. I ended up having to go to the emergency room. I was put on an IV to help reduce the swelling. Then I was put on Prednisone for a week. The swelling finally went down on about the fourth day.

When I called the clinic to let them know what happened they just kept telling me that that has never happened. Asked me if I put anything on my face (like it was my fault I swelled up). When I told them that I obviously could not continue with the other 3 treatments they were like "ok". When I asked about refunding some of my money, since I already paid for the entire 4 treatments, they said they would have to get back to me. They didn't. I called back a few days later and they said I could get skin products or a different treatment but not my money back. When I went in to get product I was told that they would only do it this one time.

I had a total of 220.00 of product. So, I paid 2500.00 for 1 treatment, 245.00 for the emergency room visit(after insurance). SO for around 3000.00 I got 220.00 worth of product, one treatment that shows absolutely NO change and really crappy customer service.

American Laser Skincare

I saw an actual doctor 1 time pre-treatment. He asked me a few questions ten sent me on my way. After the procedure and the swelling and ER treatment, the staff was not the least bit concerned about what happened and acted like it was my problem. My money was not refunded, nor was there any thing done to make this right. They ended up with their money and I ended up in the ER.

I had almost identical experience at the same American Laser center. Did not go to ED, but all other was there!
You know the first time I did it it took 3 weeks for my face to fully heal and they kept telling me that there was a small percentage of people who are slow healers, and that unfortunately I was just one of them. I told them that if it didn't go away soon I'd demand a consultation with their staff doctor, but then it went away.

That really made me mad because they sold me on it being a really fast healing turn around, they said 5 days max, but I was swollen for about 4 days, and had tracks marks on my face for up to three weeks.

Now when I get treatments I do them Thursday nights so I have the full weekend to hide at home while the swelling goes down.

Though, ever since the first treatment my healing time did go down to about 8 days and I'm back to normal, and swelling is only 2 days now.

Honestly, it is a pain in the heiny recovery time for me but I did see results. I'm only 30 but after I had my two children and lost all the baby weight my face was kinda saggy on the jaw line, and I looked so tired. The saginess around my jaw line is gone and it's nice and tight, and I noticed super improvements on the small lines between my cheeks and nose.

So I think that the people there are a mix; the technicians are nice and sweet but the sales people will straight out lie to get you to get a package.

They almost got me on the Bella Shape, but I think I rather just work out extra harder then pay what they want to MAYBE get a result.
I would appreciate what place in Bellevue you got it done. I've gotten my E-matrix in Bellevue too, but at the American Laser Center, haven't had a problem yet. The only thing that really annoyed me is that they never offered topical numbing cream the first time they did it, and honestly, it hurt like hell.

The second time I had to ask them for it and they where like "oh ya we can do that for you, just come in 20 minutes early". I don't understand why they didn't offer it at the onset of the first treatment.
I had it done at the American Laser Center as well. I wasn't aware of a numbing cream, but I must have had it because it wasn't really painful. Hopefully it works for you. I wouldn't wish what happened to me on anyone.
Sorry to hear about your experience. I would be curious to know what level they used on your face. Also, for what it's worth, I have heard that the more swollen your face gets after treatment, the better the results. So I would be curius to know if after several weeks you notice a difference of your skin texture compared to before the treatment? Please let us know.
I'm not sure what level they used. When I showed them the welt from the test patch, I asked if I should not do the procedure and was assured that it would be fine and that they could go down a level. So I am not sure what they did. There is absolutely no change from the 1 procedure.

Hi Choles,

Oh my that looks painful, I'm so sorry. It sounds like you had a major allergic reaction. I'm surprised even with the patch test swelling they still thought it was to continue with the procedure. As hard as it was for you to post pictures I'm glad you did because it will really help others. Hopefully you can find a way to get your money back.

Thanks so much for the review,

-Britt