The Only Thing That Has Ever Worked! -Belleville, IL

I have had acne since I was 16. I am now 23. And...

I have had acne since I was 16. I am now 23. And I'm not talking about a zit here and there or just a few when I am PMSing...I am talking my entire face covered in cyctic acne. Constantly. I tried Proactive for a time and it did help. But after awhile my acne came back with a vengence. So my derm prescribed me Retin-A about three months ago.

Cons: Makes skin VERY DRY. Skin gets flaky and peels. I did get an itchy rash on my cheek that lasted for about 5 days, but I don't know if it was from the Retin-A or not.

Pros: My acne is GONE! It faded so gradually that I actually just noticed it about two weeks ago. But now I look in the mirror and I don't hate what I see. I still have some minor acne scars, but from what I understand, Retin-A should help with that too.

Tip: Give it time. Being patient sucks, but it will take awhile for the medication to work. I wanted to give up so many times. My acne even got a little bit worse in some areas before it got better. But PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE give it at least 12 weeks. This is literally the only thing that has worked this well for me.