The New Me! - Belgium

Ïn one year I aged about 20 years after a lot of...

Ïn one year I aged about 20 years after a lot of stress in a very bad divorce. When I looked in the mirror I saw an old, tired lady.

I had to start all over from scratch - I lost everything but my pride and dignity. I found a job, a house and worked hard to build up a new life. The cherry on the cake for me was to be able to look in the mirror and see the person I was before all the bad things happened. Not only my face dropped, but due to the weightloss my body also had problems with gravity and my belly looked like a oversized apron, so I decided it was time to treat myself to a facelift and tummy tuck. The clinic I chose told me that for a facelift I couldn't work for two weeks and wasn't allowed to work-out for four weeks and the same they said for the tummy tuck, so I decided to do the facelift, both my eye-lids and the tummy tuck at the same time.. And I did July 7 2012. I looked like ET for 10 days, moved like ET's grandma for 14 days and when I looked in the mirror I told the person I saw that I had no idea who she was but that I was going to put her in the shower anyway ;o))

But it was worth it, I absolutely loooooooooooove my new tummy and when I look in the mirror I see ME!! My new slogan is: scars tell you where you have been, they don't dictate where you are going

Mouth to mouth

Thanks for your support. I'm glad I found this site. Ir's going to be amazing not having to worry about all my weight going to my stomach. Just pray all goes well w/ the surgery.

You will do just beautifully!

Welcome to the community:)  I am very happy you joined us.

Thanks for sharing your story. I was completely oblivious to the shape I was in until I started taking Bikram Yoga which forces me to look in the mirror for the first 50 minutes of class.
I see you sceduled your TT coming September - you will love the results! It's so nice that you are here so you can read all the reviews and the good advice. I wish I joined earlier ;o)