49 Mother of 2 TT with Hernia Repair - Belgium, BE

Hello I am new to this site. I live in Belgium I...

Hello I am new to this site. I live in Belgium I found a really great PS here. I'm scheduled for a Hernia repair tummy tuck with lipo. I see some of the prices and feel very fortunate that my insurance will cover the cost. I'm so excited I have been wanting this for so long. I know the recovery is the hard part. I have been eating well and working out to get stronger to help with that.

49 Mother of 2 TT Hernia Hernia Repair- Belgium , BE

8 week away :) is going fast. How long do the stitches usually stay in?

49 Mother of 2 TT with Hernia Repair

Wow!! I can not believe I am 2 days away from my surgery. I am nervous but excited. My husband has taken a week off to be with the kids. I have such great friends that have all organized to help when he goes back to work.
Dr.Gaede

How r u? I just got it done! Let me know how u feel. I feel good so far not as much pain as I thought, but still long way to go
Today is much better. I had a rough recovery time. Morphine and I don't get along well. Dr. Is saying 2-3 more days. Glad your doing well:)
Oh sorry..hope will be better. I don't take morphine but oxycodon. I can't sleep even with pain killer. I hardly drink before so not sure why! Can't sleep makes me nuts
I was discharged from the hospital today. I came home to one very happy puppy and family. Each day gets better I was coughing from allergies that was quit painful. Dr tolde to hug a pillow while coughing. I'll try to up load some pics soon. Hope all is well and you get some sleep.
Good luck with your surgery...cant wait for your update.
Yes my surgery is the same date 3/11. I'm still waiting to get a text from the hospital, to let me know what time my surgery is. Nothing like the last minute details!! Lol my Dr. Told me 3-5 hours I'm sure it is becouse of the hernias.
I will have only my tummy done so hopefully will recover sooner since I will have a 20 plus hrs flight...I have had coughing and cold so I have taken a lot of cough and cold med...not sure if effect my recovery...I am extremely nervous than excited...my heart is throbbing and butterflies r all over my tummy....good luck to both of us!!! God bless!
I understand I just got a phone call my surgery is 8am tomorrow 6:30am checkin. Yikes!! Wish you the best ill message on the flatter side.
Omg, we r the same time, date...I can't sleep. Vomited the evening...I am just way crazy and anxious. Do u feel the same way? Good luck on both of us tomorrow!
Me too. 3/11. Good luck! I am freaking out and have nightmare
Good luck to you too:) I am aniouxs as well. What time is your surgery? The hospital will call me the day be for with a time.
Supposed to show up at 6.30 so I think won't be until 8am. Dr said it will take 2.5 hrs for surgery, when is your? Same date? Will chk on you :)
Oops!! Replayed but did not click on the post:)
6 weeks and counting. :)
on the side, you look like nothing. I wish mine were like this. mine is like tons of extra loose skin and fat in the mid abdominal area. haiz....I am scheduled the same date as yours. I am so nervous for the result since mine is just so gross
sounds kinda silly, but what is hernia? how do you know if you have hernia after giving birth? thank you.
That's not a silly question. My intestines have pushed through my abdominal wall. I actually have 4 one above my belly button, one in my belly button and two below my belly button. I found out while at the gym I was doing sit ups my stomach would point up like a pyramid in the middle and I had a sharp pain. I had and ultrasound to confirm it.
Thanks. I don't exercise so wondered if I have this. Common? I live in a place where don't want to see a dr at all. Very sad ;(
My Dr told me he see it in women who have had multiple pregnancies. I started paying more attention to my exercise and the way I eat because, I know it will help with the recovery. Doctors are not bad people you should find one your comfortable with. I had no choice with mine my medical only uses 2 doctors for the surgery luckily one was a fantastic plastic surgeon.
Welcome to the RS family!! You are correct in the recovery being difficult at times. The hardest will be your first week. It gets easier day after day. Just like Chicla said, stitch work really depends on the PS. I had the dissolvable kind also. I will be a month post op tomorrow.
Good luck on your sx... Look forward to following your journey!!! All PS's are different so you will have to discuss with them on the stitches. For example, I had dissolvable stitches that didn't need to be removed...
Good Luck
Welcome.

Keep up the great work with the diet and exercise.  This will really help you during your recovery.  Excited to hear more as you go through your journey.
Good luck!