Lip Augmentation with Restylane Injections - Belgium, BE

1 hour before the procedure, I treated my lips...

1 hour before the procedure, I treated my lips with Emla creme. I was treated with 1ml restylane. I got 4 injections in my upper lip, and 4 in my lower lip. It was quite painful to be honnest, but it only took a few minutes. Afterwards I went immediately back to work. No bruises, no pain... and nobody noticed it! I'm very happy with the result. The difference is very obvious to me, but not to anyone else. So this means it's natural! I'm very happy, and I will for sure go back. Cost was okay - 150€.

Thank you for posting your experience! Did you do anything to prevent bruising? My bruising was pretty bad and lasted a week! I'm glad you escaped that.

No I didn't do anything. I really think it has everything to do with the experience of the doctor. I went to a dermatologist who is experienced in injections. She promised me that I wouldn't have any bruising, and luckely she was right because I went back to work immediately after the injections. The day after I had some small bruises, but nobody even noticed. Before I went to the dermatologist, I consulted a plastic surgeon. He told me that he could not prevent bruising... and it would take at least 2 weeks to disappear. He only did injections once or twice a year, so I did not trust him. That's why I looked further for someone more experienced. He was also more expensive!
Dr Kirstin Smet