Arm Mess - Belgium

I had my arm lift done by Dr. Robin Van Look. He...

I had my arm lift done by Dr. Robin Van Look. He was to also perform lipo on my arms. I have so many issues with this clinic, I'm blaming myself for even choosing to do the surgery there.

The follow up visits were tedious, the staff including his wife who handles the nonadministrative stuff was impolite and unhelpful.

The doctor himself when I voice my concerns to him about a month after the surgery, became emotional and argumentative. When he calmed down he finally agreed to do an intervention to reduce the fat on my arms by lipo. I initially preferred to be assisted further by another surgeon but he assured me that he can ethically and happily follow through with the surgery.

I was under a mild sedative during the lipo and felt every rather painful back and forth movement of the apparatus used, and remember clearly saying or mumbling how painful it was. He was not around when I regain full consciousness so I was unable to address him of anything else at this point.

I've not received any follow up treatment at this point and whenever my lower right arm is at rest e.g. during sleep , when I awake there is throbbing pain throughout the hand in movement or to perform any task for about 5 minutes or so.

Furthermore the scars from the arm lift he has only ever mentioned once about a scar revision which is needed because the skillfulness in placement and the actual cut itself is fairly awful. I have a mammoth issue on my hand because I dread having to go back to this doctor again and just don't know what to do at this point.

If anyone has any pointers/tips I'd appreciate it.

I'm still so ashamed of the results and of showing my arms in public I haven't uploaded any photos but will think about in the following few days especially if it will help anyone.

Belgium Plastic Surgeon

I have rated as I have because it is a true reflection of my results and experience with this doctor and his staff. Internet

Please see dr holger hofheinz a certified doctor for platic surgery in duesseldorf! He is marvelous doctor in every way! He operated my upper arms last oct! Fantastic you can hardly see the scars! And he usnt too far from belgium for you! And he really takes his profession serious with great care and live for his patients! Gobthete you wont be disappointed! I ambrhrulled with my results! Just look in google for him! All the very best!

Hey there, thanks for you review and for sharing your journey with us. If you need a revision I would definitely say that you should have several consultations with different doctors, make sure they are board certified and ask to see examples of their work. Research is the best tool you have at your disposal.

Hi ,

Thanks for your advice. I do feel that surgeon has disfigured me rather than using his supposed skills to correct an unflattering feature.

Although I've studied law and my partner is a lawyer, filing a lawsuit is possible but a long arduous process that doesn't ensure a justifiable outcome. I do believe he has violated his code of ethics in the manner I've been treated so he most definitely should be accountable.
Hello. I'm not in the same country as you, so I can't really offer advice on who to go to in order to have your revision done. But you should really go around and get consultations from other doctors and see if they can offer any advice on a possible lawsuit. Not that you would really want to go down that route, but it seems like that doctor should not be in practice any more.

I'm needing a revision done to one arm (the arm put, actually) because I don't like the way it looks. It's still too soon to get any revisions, so I'm not sure how that will go.

Good luck to you. I hope you're able to get things corrected the way you want.