42, Labiaplasty Went Wrong

I had labiaplasty on the left side because it was...

I had labiaplasty on the left side because it was just much larger and a source of irritation in clothing etc.
The surgeon said twice he would correct the size and make it as small as the right one. It was done under general anesthesia because I had my implants removed as well;

When I woke up I had a very sharp pain in between my legs. When i took a mirror a few days later, I was shocked to find out he took away all of my left labia and sew it to my outer labia. Now I have three labia and when I open my legs, you see my vagina right away. I feel amputated.

The pain was very intense for 2 weeks. Despite my efforts to desinfect after every visit to the toilet, the stitches are gone for 70% and the wound is open and yellow in between.

My doctor left on holiday for Christmas for 2 weeks. Any advice is welcome.

Re-operated and antibiotics

I saw the assistant of my surgeon this morning. He proposed to cut away the infected parts right away and sew it together again. He prescribed antibiotics and now it should heal.

As for the esthetic part, that's another story. He says to be patient.

I would advise to use a natural oils such as coconut oil or grapeseed they have healing properties. Instead of Vaseline... Vaseline does not allow oxygen to penetrate and can cause a yeast infection.
I love coconut oil...so soothing!!
Have you healed yet? Mine split open too at day 8 post op. I'm 3 weeks post op now and still not even 75% healed.. :/
hello suzy, everything is fine now but they had to restitch it again from scratch. It took about 5 weeks to heal after that. I'm still very disappointed about the result. I'm still left with three labia and the feeling is almost completely gone sexually speaking. It takes much longer to turn me on when my partner caresses me. If I had known all this before :(
Wow.. So sorry to hear that.. Right now it looks like I have 5 labias, 2 outers lips and 3 inner ones cuz the left one has completely split in two therefor looks like 2 on one side.. I feel your pain.. So how many weeks total did it take you to heal? And how many weeks before you had sex?
Well we had sex 7 weeks after the latest intervention. Maybe we could have proceeded one week earlier but I wanted to be sure and the scar was a bit tough. It didn't hurt however, just a bit sensitive.
Oh that gives me alil hope.. I'm 3 weeks post op an I have 5 weeks before my wedding.. Praying this will heal in time..
You make me feel good that this didn't happen to me with my surgery. I had no problems at all. I hope you will be through this soon!
Please tell me this healed and you are OK.
How kind of you :) The infection is gone after the surgeon cut away all the infected parts. The stinging sharp pain was gone right away. He sew it back together again with a stronger thread that lasts longer before it falls apart. Unfortunately it is not growing back together as it should and the thread is half gone already. That leaves me stuck again with a half open and half closed wound. I had the impression it started to heal a bit just two days ago. Tomorrow I'll have a check-up.
Praying for you.
thank you, I also have a longer left labia, and now I think I am keeping it as it is. I hope you get well soon
hello Sara if I had known the trouble it would have caused, never again :( I'm very disappointed indeed. Please discuss upfront very well what you want as a result, how it will be done, have it put on paper/contract, let the surgeon make a drawing, ask for enzymes and vitamins to assure proper healing afterwards, make sure you get antibacterial creme and antibiotics after the surgery. All the best
Hello do you have more pictures to upload I can't really see in detail on the photo you have up Tks
No, this is the only picture I had. It is healing since the surgeon operated me again.
Im so sorry about your surgery, I had mine done 9 days ago. I really hope you recover well. Hugs
thank you, i feel no more feel like before. Let's cross fingers :)
Hey Hun, how is the healing process coming along? I have little rips in mine which i think may have been caused from rigorous cleaning, I was told to keep the area dry but it's still an awkward feeling. I hope all is going well with you and that you are feeling much better. Hugs
My doctor insists to put plenty of vaseline now the infection is gone. It would sooth the tissue. Hope this helps.
OMG!!!!! I am so sorry. Can you be fixed?
I would make an appointment with a gynecologist to confirm that nothing needs to be done.
Sorry to read this. Docs who do not do many of this surgery I think make it sound like it is too easy.