Two Facial Moles Removed in Canberra - Belconnen, ACT

Hello Real selfers! I had two moles on my face...

Hello Real selfers!

I had two moles on my face removed. Neither were particularly large, however I have many on my body and was looking to test out the treatment. A doctor at the Lumps and Bumps clinic in Belconnen quoted me and then checked the moles and also checked the moles on my back to ensure none looked suspicious. He then injected some local anaesthetic into two moles on my face. One was small and shallow on my cheek and the other a bit deeper on my chin. This didn't particularly hurt although he assured me it would be less painful than the laser mole removal. Not true. I don't know if its because I had to wait about 20 - 30 minutes before the procedure, which was performed by a cosmetic nurse, but it was very painful and did feel like someone was scoping my skin out with a hot poker. ouch. I was told the moles would heal then by themselves and that I should leave them alone and not apply anything to them. The smaller mole on my cheek is now completely gone and I am really happy with this result. However, if anyone gets those longer hairs coming out moles ( compared to the other light hair on your face), the hair grows back through just the same although the mole is gone. I was kinda hoping the laser would take that away too. The larger mole however hasn't healed as well. It may be because it was deeper and on my chin, an area I think I subconsciously touched a lot and thus prevented it healing so well. It is still a large pink and fresh skin area, although it is easy to cover with make up.

Overall. I think It would be worth it if the scar on my chin wasn't so noticeable, also I think the procedure would be far more popular if it were cheaper. I don't think I will get anymore moles removed in Canberra as its not really justifiable by the price. If it is cheaper overseas I will consider doing my entire back.

Advice from my experience:

*Do not touch your lasered mole/area whilst they are healing, and consider it carefully before removing any large moles on your face, it might not work as well as you hoped it too and leave scarring.

*Ask the doctor or nurses if they have any recommendations for creams or oils etc to aid in healing.

*Ensure you get in quickly after the local anaesthetic to your moles...I think mine had worn off by the time the clinic treated me.... and it was far more painful than I had been expecting and I have had cosmetic tattooing on my face, laser treatments, botox and fillers... So I'm used to being zapped, poked and prodded. :)

*Maybe test out how the procedure works for you on an area of your body that isn't "public" to begin with.

I hope you find this helpful

Love,