Rhinoplasty/Septoplasty - Beirut, Lebanon

I was unhappy with the appearance of my nose since...

I was unhappy with the appearance of my nose since the age of 16, however I decided to wait until I turned 21 before considering a rhinoplasty. Facal features really do change a lot during this period of time. Still, when age 21 came, the unhappiness remained and I felt 100% sure I wanted to change my nose.

Now as i describe the details of the surgery, i must let you know that my pain threshold is very low hah so I feel pain easily. When i woke up from surgery I felt very LITTLE pain:), it almost felt like just bumped my nose, not like I had incisions and stitches etc.

I would say that the harderst part of the rhinoplasty is the following 2 weeks after surgery. In this time you become very uncomfortable due to the swelling of the nose causing the nose to become blocked (you aren't allowed to blow your nose for up to 3 months after surgery but for me this only felt like a nightmare during the 2 weeks post op). The overall recovery is uncomfortable, not painful. Also, i must add it takes a LOT of patience, not only for the swelling to subside but for your smile to reach its normal position again.

I could not smile properly after my surgery, its been 3 weeks now and my upper lip is almost back up in its natural position. The smile takes time as the upper lip muscle is most effected after the surgery.

My nose now is beautiful:) I was very prepared for this surgery and most importantly I made sure that the Doctor of mine understood the look that i was going for, and that I understood what he was able to do and not to do. I spent a lot of time considering how it may change other features in my face also.

I feel much more confident having done the surgery. It's wonderful being able to look in the mirror and feel good. Even the slightest change to the nose or any facail feature makes a huge difference to the overall appearance of the face so make sure you really are prepared (take pics of yourself and photoshop them, just get used to the fact that your nose will be changing).

I would not go back on my decision:) Good Luck to any of you considering. Make sure you choose your doctor well, it's the most important thing!:)

Dr. Nabil Fuleihan @ The Clemenceau Medical Center

My father.

A beautiful result. Congratulations!
One of the best results i've seen, you look gorgeous!
amazing results, im Lebanese also and im very uncomftable with the shape of my nose but i still don't know where to find a good surgeon and how to start the whole process!
Whoa amazing!!

Thanks so much for sharing your experience on RealSelf! I agree with you that choosing a doctor is the single most important decision when going for a rhinoplasty.

I think your results are beautiful!

Thankyouu:):)
Hi Charlie, your nose looks amazing, can you please share your dr name. I am going to Lebanon soon and planing to get my nose done