Lift + Silicone BA - 4 Days PO -

5'2", fairly overweight 140ish newbie here. I have...

5'2", fairly overweight 140ish newbie here.
I have a slightly different experience as I had a partial mastectomy which ended up being benign after quite a scare. So, as a result. My procedure is covered by insurance.
My breasts were asymmetrical with a minimum of 125 ccs variance, per the ps. One was a C and the other was a small B. We decided on a 375 cc silicone on my smaller side and a 275 cc silicone on the other side. Both under the muscle. The PS would also not proceed without a lift, so that was out of pocket.
A girlfriend with similar body type had a mommy makeover and the results are amazing, so I decided to go with him.
I read a ton of reviews because I am a professional and did not have time to take off of work. Reviews (and speaking with the office staff) assured me that I would be able to return to work on the 3rd PO day. That was incorrect. Perhaps I have an amazing low pain tolerance. Perhaps I was to prescribed enough to take the edge off. However, I was unable to move or get quasi-comfortable without help for the first 2 days for sure. The 3rd day PO, I could use the restroom solo. Do not kid yourself that you will bounce back because that has been your history. Mine, as well. I've had my ACL done, foot surgery, etc and they were minor set backs. The lift and implants were not minor. 4th day PO is great. Minor meds required. But I am also working on 4 hours (total, not consecutive sleep). The muscle relaxers were invaluable for me and I have requested more because the burning in my chest and back make it difficult to breathe. A heating pad on my back relieved tension the first two days. I used ice/bags of frozen veggies the first day PO. The first three days, I regretted the entire decision. Today, even though I do not see my results until tomorrow, I am back on board. Simply because how I feel. I am able to take half pain med and muscle relaxers, which take the edge off and allow me to function and not return to an open mouth drooling position. Not my best by any stretch. I am posting this as a more realistic view for those that want/need to return to work early. 4 days seems to be a reasonably conservative time off. Obviously some may need more or less but just be prepared to add an extra day. I did and am incredibly grateful.
I get my "soft cast" (aptly named by my youngest) off tomorrow and will post those results. Can't wait to get out of it. It is chaffing my underarms, similarly like crutches rub a person raw. I had to wedge lambswool to make it bearable.
Looking forward to reading scar minimizing techniques, etc.
Congrats on your surgery, I'm scheduled for a BA on the 22nd, happy healing, hope you love your results!!

8days PO

I developed a severe allergy to the antibiotics, which has slowed my recovery. Two different steroid shots and now a steroid med pack for the next week. However, love my breasts. They are tight and high and I am wearing my band around the clock. I have also started massaging them fairly inconsistently due to irritation to the incisions. I will be able to get the incisions wet in a week and at that time the sutures should have dissolved. I do not have nipple sensation but am naively hoping that it will return. I haven't tried on cute bras or tops yet, but I am very much looking forward to shopping in 4 -5 weeks. The photos are from 5 days PO.
saline or silicone
Congratulations!!
Congrats! What type of work do you do? I manage a dental office and am able to sit a lot. My surgery is wed the 29 and I plan on going back to work Monday. My surgeon says it's ok since I have a desk job. Is this doable or am I crazy?
Beaumont Plastic Surgeon

Enjoy Dr. Beckert's bedside manner as well as his attention to detail. Highly recommended by the hospital staff/anesthesiologists. Will return for all of my reconstructive and other needs. His staff (Savannah) is extremely professional and friendly. I feel like a valued patient.