Breast Reconstruction After Double Mastectomy - Beachwood, OH

Dr. Yetman did a great job on reconstructing my...

Dr. Yetman did a great job on reconstructing my breasts after a double mastectomy. I'm not sure where the remarks about his bedside manner are coming from. He was brief, quietly confident, professional. I wasn't expecting nor would want someone overly personal or talkative, just wanted and got someone focused on his work and the outcome which was better than expected. He also worked with my breast surgeon to coordinate my double mastectomy on a day he normally doesn't operate. I haven't had the nipple surgery yet though I hear it is highly successful. I'm content for now with putting my breast cancer experience behind me and not thinking or worrying about my breasts for the time being. Despite the surgeon removing much more from the left side (where the cancer was, but that is fine since she got clear margins) Dr. Yetman was able to get me almost back to even (looks even in blouse or bra, I'd say 90% when bare). I also probably stopped a little short on my expansion than I should have, just because the expansion process was taking longer than expected (this was my choice, I refused to fill a lot each time as I was done with pain and discomfort after neoadjunct chemo) and I just wanted the exchange surgery done before the holidays so the timing was my call. If and when I need my implants exchanged in the future, I hope Dr. Yetman is still practicing in order to request him again.
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Excellent. Dr. Yetman was highly professional and I thought, friendly and precise. I remember him vaguely standing at the foot of my bed when I came out of the anesthesia, smiling at me. He said I was doing great the next morning when I got out of bed and did a mile on the hospital floor treadmill despite the nurse chastising me. He was always optimistic that the surgeon would get clear margins and I wouldn't need radiation (surprise...that is what happened) and we could get to work on the expansion and exchange surgery quickly which we did.

Congratulations on being cancer free. I'm so happy you're able to get back the majority of your old look and feel comfortable enough to put this difficult time behind you. I have heard that the fills are very painful, often times the most challenging part of the process. You sound like a very determined woman (especially hitting the treadmill so early post-op, ) and I'm sure your positive spirit helped your through this. Thank you for sharing your story with us on RealSelf!