Be Prepared for Upsetting Results - Houston

I had lower abs/flanks, inner/outer thighs (front...

I had lower abs/flanks, inner/outer thighs (front and back) and saddlebags done. I am 10 months out. So much lumpiness, unevenness in legs and saddlebags. Many scars. I can not even wear shorts and won't even consider putting on a bathing suit. I would give almost anything to rewind time and NOT do this. It is emotionally damaging, and I am completely ashamed. The doctor told me how great I'd look and nothing she promised was correct. Very disappointing. Please think very hard about doing this. It is not worth the money. I look at my before pictures, and I look much better. I actually look normal. My legs now are completely embarrassing.

Horrible results. Too many scars.

concerned 77 please let us know who your doctor was. I am in the houston area and thinking of having a procedure done in a few months. I am so sorry about your results.
PLEASE NOTE: If you believe you have been a victim of malpractice, the statute of limitations is TWO years from the date of your original procedure. Do not let your doctor continue to "work on you" to eat-up your time. This happened to me. Please be smart, ladies. I don't want anyone else to suffer what I went through.
Just wanted to follow-up. It's been a long time since I posted anything. My legs are still very disfigured and scarred. It's been tramatizing to say the least. I highly advise anyone considering SmartLipo to PLEASE NOT do it. Two weeks ago I went to a reconstructive surgeon and he said he would not be able to help me. He sits on a board of plastic surgeons and asked if he could take photos of my legs and abs to see if any of the other plastic surgeons could help. It was horrible. I looked so much better before the procedure. At least, I looked normal. I still don't feel comfortable in shorts or a bathing suit. My life has been horribly affected by this. I did all my research, interviewed doctors, and my results are heartbreaking. Again, please, if you want lipo, just go to a regular plastic surgeon. It's not worth lifelong regret and heartbreak.
Yes, there are a lot of us with really bad results so it is important for people to know they could look much worse than when they had the procedure. The office I went to in Philly (PBS) actually wanted to charge me to fix this mess so be careful who you go to. Bill
what Dr did you have
I have been through three Lipo-Ex treatments. I can tell the area around my belly button is smoothing out, as are the lumps in my legs. I have three more sessions, so I will keep you posted. I also had my scars lasered for removal. I will keep you posted on that, too. I will say that my dr is very intent on my being happy with results and has been committed to doing what she can.
I feel bad for saying this, but it is a relief to hear that others are unhappy with the procedure. I am now going through Lipo-Ex to see if it will smooth the unevenness. I will keep everyone posted. I am only on my second treatment.
I also had smart lipo and wish I didn't... I looked way better before. I am so SICK and Tired of doctors advertising their magic.
feel the same way you do!
where did you go? i had SL done last August (I'm about 5 months post) and I've had issues with lumpiness and scars. They did velashape and now they're doing lipo-ex but i don't really see a difference yet. it's so ironic because i did this with the dream of having a flat stomach and being able to wear a bikini and I am actually more embarrassed and shy now than before! I do look better in clothes but otherwise it was not the breezy procedure with great results that i was promised.