Be Prepared for Scars

Had the Lifestyle Lift in Denver over one year ago...

Had the Lifestyle Lift in Denver over one year ago in 2007. Although I had an improvement and the procedure was tolerable (recovery longer than expected) I now have permanent horrible puckering and scars behind my ears -and a scar that extends below my earlobe into my neck area. Also have some numbness, asymmetry, and occasional pain in one ear.

The company won't refund any money. My surgeon is no longer with the Denver office. The office will do a free surgical revision but in a recent consult with one of their other experienced surgeons, he indicated my expectations were unrealistic. He said patients shouldn't have the surgery if their expectation is that after the procedure they will be able to wear any hair style and not have to worry about hiding scars. I wonder what they tell male patients with short hair. The second surgeon also said that there was the possibility that I may need TWO surgical revisions in order to get rid of the scars.

I don't know how many people had good results - all I can say is I didn't and I wouldn't do it again!

Chevy Chase Facial Plastic Surgeon

After one year, permanent scars behind both ears, scars on neck, numbness, asymmetry.