Should I Continue? - Bay Shore, NY

So I am 20 years old, almost 21, and I have been...

So I am 20 years old, almost 21, and I have been left with some horrible acne scarring from when i was a teen, and it really knocks my confidence.

I went for a consultation at Perfect Body NY and agreed to start the E-Matrix treatment once a month, alongside a Micro once a month also. The total cost was $2800. I am an english student working out here for a year, and figured I would try it whilst I am earning money. I didnt really ask many questions and now after reading reviews I feel extremely stupid and gullable.

I had my first E-Matrix treatment today, I went in, she put on the gel, used the laser and then let me go, all in the space of 20 minutes. My face was a tiny bit red but can't see any marks and no burning as of yet. But also no improvement, it has actually made my scars look worse.

After reading numorous bad review, I am now debating dropping out of this treatment and dealing with the fact my skin is not about to be fixed any time soon. I am paying 500 per month, and have paid 800 so far, so I wonder if I should save myself any more damage.

Any input would be much appreciated, as I am really at a loss right now.

I haven't really been told much, I feel like I have been taken as naive and young and just thrown into the whole process. Partly my fault for not asking more questions, and not reading up on the treatment before hand.

@ Beth, How are you making out with your treatments? I just want to say that if you didnt see squares with little dots inside the squares, than it didn't take ...probably because your skin was not dry, you said she used gel before hand...correct? The face has to be completely dry! And one more thing...if you have a tendency to breakout...these procedures make you breakout more so....make sure you are using a good acne lotion and/or oral antibiotics for acne during the times you do these treatment.....or you'll be back to square one with the acne spots again! I speak from experience!
I don't think you should continue. Very few people, if any, saw any results for scars. Keep reading reviews and do more research instead of taking my words for it.

Thank you for your view.  Hold on a bit because it takes a few days for everything to calm down after the treatment.  Let us know how everything is going.

I didn't have any issue post treatment, no swelling, no redness, no grid mark. My skin just stayed normal!

I have the same issue. Contact me ****removed by RealSelf staff****

Very nice!

I am a 52 year old female from Long Island NY. I just had the same ematrix treatment done 2 weeks ago at Perfect Body Laser and it was a bit painful. I also had Thermage CPT a month befor the ematrix. I will say that I do see nice improvement so far. I have a few more treatments to go and will keep everyone posted.