LASIK 2 Year Ago - Bay Area, CA

I wish I had done it sooner. I've worn glasses...

I wish I had done it sooner. I've worn glasses for over 20 years, and the total cost of glasses to exams, and contacts costs more than LASIK. It's worth it! I can see my alarm clock, the street signs when driving, and it's the greatest feeling.

Dr. Newman

Excellent Doctor and staff!

How bad was your eyesight prior to this? I'm also in the bay area and was looking into Newman LASIK.
Hello, I had an astigmatism on my right eye.. My prescription for the past 10-years were always different each year due to this. It usually varies to about 3.65 to 3.75 for my right eye, and my left was constistant at 3.50 each year. I hope this helps, he's a great doctor. Good luck!

Thanks for sharing your story. I'm jealous! My eyesight is horrible but I'm a bit afraid of the whole process (i.e. lasers in your eyes). What did you think of it?

It was a bit intimidating at first, but honestly, it was only a quick second. My doctor had excellent bed side manners. He talked me through the whole process while he was doing the laser surgery procedure on my eyes. You can't blink but he has these holsters to hold your eye lids and he placed drops to moisten your eyes. And within not even a minute the whole procedure was basically done. Research a good doctor and ask lots of questions. Good luck, and I hope this was helpful.

Really helpful, thanks. :) Knowing it's less than a minute makes it a lot more appealing.