Worth It for Me, Decent Results - Bay Area, CA

I have a lot of hair all over my body. I've...

I have a lot of hair all over my body. I've tried every method there is out there, but each method had it's downsides. Shaving makes my hair prickly when it grows back, waxing causes ingrown hairs, bleaching doesn't work on very thick hairs... etc. I started laser hair removal a few years ago. I've had about 6 treatments on upper and lower legs, and one treatment on bikini area.

It's been a year since my last treatment, so I feel like I can finally give a review.

On my lower legs, 60-70% of hair is gone and does not grow back. Some of it still grows back, but compared to how it used to be it's A LOT better. On upper legs, depends on the area. The back of the leg is a lot better, and the front is just slightly better. I think it is because I had thinner hair on upper legs.

My conclusion is: do it if you have light skin, and dark THICK hair. Do not do it on areas where you have thin hair. It won't work on thin hair, will only make it worse. (yes, it can make thin hair grow thicker - learned that one from experience)

But if you have thick hair on your lower legs, the treatment is great. I'm glad I did it, was well worth the money I spent.

Also I was worried that I would get burned by the laser, but there was no damage to my skin at all. After the treatment (which is extremely painful btw) I usually get a rash for a day. It goes away completely within a couple days. After the treatment, the hair doesn't grow at all for 2 months. After 2 months, you can see the real results.

Did not talk to the doctor too much, but she got the job done. It's the results I care most about. One time I had a rough brown spot on my leg after the treatment. She said that could happen from the laser, that it looked like a mild burn. She gave me some cream to put on it, and it went away in about a week. I really liked the fact that she took responsibility for it and did not deny that the laser could have caused it. Anyway... the burn went away, so no permanent damage. The treatments are expensive, but if your body hair really bothers you, definitely worth it.