My Invisalign Express Story - Bay Area, CA

Over ten years ago I completed my orthodontic...

Over ten years ago I completed my orthodontic treatment, and never really wore my retainers. My teeth have shifted here and there since then, and I have had nightmares about my teeth. This is why I've decided to invisalign. It is hardly noticeable, and will produce the results I desire-- straight teeth.

I started two weeks ago, and I'm already on my second tray. Since my treatment case is for the express, I have 10 trays total, which I will wear each two weeks... should be completed by June! I can't wait to see the final results. I can already feel some changes in my teeth and my bite... Hopefully for the better!

I was given a price, but am being charged for work beyond my price... I should never have given them my insurance information, because they've charged me for x-rays and attachments with my insurance, which is increasing my invisalign cost each time I visit... PLUS retainers are not included in the invisalign price. I really should have done more research regarding this, and realself.com is a great place for anyone to start doing their invisalign research. I wish I knew about this website before I committed to invisalign! Definitely could help you save some money by being informed. Also, who likes waiting? If I have an appointment, it's best not to be 30 minutes LATE, or late period (if I'm the first patient of the day!).

The reason you are being charged for all these extras is because invisalign express does not include in it's cost any refinements, adjustments, retainers, etc... Hence why the cost is so much cheaper than regular invisalign, which covers most of these things in its price. I was told that my case would take ten aligners but any tweaking or refinements would cost extra. I went with the regular invisalign for this reason. Hopefully it all works out well for you and you don't need any of those extras!

Thanks so much for posting photos with your review. It will be so fun to watch as your teeth straighten out over time!

I'm sorry to hear you are feeling a bit nickel & dimed to death. :-/ That is never a good feeling, but hopefully come June it will all be worth it!