Worth It - Bay Area, CA

Had an upper bleph about ten mos ago and so far,...

Had an upper bleph about ten mos ago and so far, so good. Had the tired look and always knew I'd do something about it so it was no surprise to any of my friends.

Pro's: Was amazed how seamless the whole procedure was. I used a highly recommended ocular/orbital ps who only does eyes and attribute the Dr's talent and skill for the great results and ease of healing. No pain, discomfort or bruising,dry eye; just minor swelling. Con's: 1) full healing takes months, apparently one year according to Drs. I had a surgical look (to me at least) and occasional lopsidedness until about the six mo mark. Now at ten mos, things have settled in. 2) I do see the remnants of the cut marks at the outer eye corners that I hope will would fade. It turned out very natural looking and I often forget that I had anything done.
To me it was just maintenance, not life changing, and think my easy attitude contributed to a good outcome. I healed quite well, strictly followed Dr instructions and ate high quality food, lots of water, supplements, etc. It improved my confidence in that I don't feel the need to hide behind sunglasses. Was starting to feel self conscious on job interviews or if I met someone promising. My eyes looked a bit alert (have big eyes anyway) for awhile and now they look like they did about ten years ago according to my sister. For the women, makeup and eyeliner looks good again and is easy to apply. Knowing how well it turned out, I could have done it a few years ago but don't think I was mentally ready until now; the timing felt right and I had reasonable expectations. My best tip is to pick out a highly recommended specialist surgeon with experience, this is your face afterall and is not the place to price shop or get a two for one deal. Save up if needed, your future health is worth it!

Three excellent Dr's recommended the same surgeon.