Worth It - Bay Area, CA

Had an upper bleph about ten mos ago and so far,...

Had an upper bleph about ten mos ago and so far, so good. Had the tired look and always knew I'd do something about it so it was no surprise to any of my friends.

Pro's: Was amazed how seamless the whole procedure was. I used a highly recommended ocular/orbital ps who only does eyes and attribute the Dr's talent and skill for the great results and ease of healing. No pain, discomfort or bruising,dry eye; just minor swelling. Con's: 1) full healing takes months, apparently one year according to Drs. I had a surgical look (to me at least) and occasional lopsidedness until about the six mo mark. Now at ten mos, things have settled in. 2) I do see the remnants of the cut marks at the outer eye corners that I hope will would fade. It turned out very natural looking and I often forget that I had anything done.
To me it was just maintenance, not life changing, and think my easy attitude contributed to a good outcome. I healed quite well, strictly followed Dr instructions and ate high quality food, lots of water, supplements, etc. It improved my confidence in that I don't feel the need to hide behind sunglasses. Was starting to feel self conscious on job interviews or if I met someone promising. My eyes looked a bit alert (have big eyes anyway) for awhile and now they look like they did about ten years ago according to my sister. For the women, makeup and eyeliner looks good again and is easy to apply. Knowing how well it turned out, I could have done it a few years ago but don't think I was mentally ready until now; the timing felt right and I had reasonable expectations. My best tip is to pick out a highly recommended specialist surgeon with experience, this is your face afterall and is not the place to price shop or get a two for one deal. Save up if needed, your future health is worth it!
Thank you for your review. You give us all encouragement with time frames and what to expect. Please post before and after pics!!
Thank you 7kids. I will post pics when I can get them off of my old computer that has since broken. I noticed a difference immediately after surgery, eye area looked cleaner and felt much lighter -this alone made the surgery worth it to me. Knew that loose skin can make you look tired but didn't realize that it tires your eyes (all that lifting strains delicate muscles!). I was not a severe case and did it while I was young enough to heal well and enjoy the results. I was out and about the same day and never had regrets. During the first few mos, each week showed a marked improvement and then it was a matter of the eyes settling in, some days were better than others. The significant improvement bench times for me were at four, six and nine mos and now at over ten mos, I've mostly forgotten about it. My sister says I look like my old self. It's often touted as a quick procedure, that you're back to your life in a couple of weeks. The procedure is quick at just over an hour though the recovery, while impressive, is still a surgical intervention that takes time and patience. I put away my 10X magnification mirror lol after realizing that most people didn't even notice the scar lines that I thought were so obvious. Good luck to you if/when you decide to do this.

Three excellent Dr's recommended the same surgeon.