Great Experience! Ears Stuck Out - Bay Area, CA

I hated how my ears would stick out through my...

I hated how my ears would stick out through my hair when it was down and every time I put my hair up I had to have really loose buns/ponytails so that it would cover my ears (though that didn't work too well). My parents thought it was ridiculous that I would even consider otoplasty so of course I had to wait until I was old enough to do it without their consent. As soon as I turned eighteen and had enough money to pay for the procedure, I did it. Online reviews made otoplasty seem so scary and painful and although everyone can tolerate different levels of pain, for me, it was not bad at all. The shots were like any normal shot and it made you numb so quickly that by the second shot you couldn't feel anything. When the numbing wore off I did start to feel a little soreness but a little pain medication took care of that. As for showering after, that did not hurt either! I really don't know why people made otoplasty seem so painful... and the most important part of my experience is that my ears turned out exactly the way I wanted. It's been 3 weeks so far and I'm so glad I did it.

Also, I did this procedure one week before I went off to college and I was worried that I wouldn't feel physically well to do so but I was fine! I felt completely back to normal after just about 5 days.

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Mabrie is a great listener and helped me out a lot. Since I was an upcoming full time college student he gave me a great discount and confidence!! I did a lot of research on multiple doctors in California and I'm so glad I chose Dr. Mabrie. Doing this without the blessing of my parents meant I was pretty much alone in it which made me very nervous. Dr. Mabrie did an amazing job of calming me down and explaining everything I needed to know about the procedure.

Hi jspinole -- Thanks for sharing your story. I'm glad your recovery went quickly and you got to go to college feeling all right. How are you doing now?