***Chin Implant*** WARINING** If I Can Help One Person!! I'm In Pain Every Day For 1.5 Years. - Bay Area, CA

Any of you considering a chin implant, if I could...

Any of you considering a chin implant, if I could go back I would never have done it. I am likely to have nerve damage pain for the rest of my life with many other complications. Doctor's are not going to tell you all the complications. First, they do not know all the horror stories but also telling you a horror story about the procedure is not going to help their practice. Here is what happened. The procedure damaged my mental nerve and caused the following:
1. First my lower lip was numb, could not feel food, drinks would slip out, and could not lip to lip contact.
2. A mass of tissue formed in my lower lip causing my inner lip to bulge.
3. Pain all across my lower lip and some times pain across the upper lip.
4. The implant was taken out and now there is more pain, bad ongoing pain that is prominent every second of the day. And can prevent you from going to sleep at night. If you cannot sleep due to pain you can kiss your ability to work good bye.
5. The skin on my lip drys out every 15 minutes eventually cracks, it can happen in seconds before your eyes.
6. A film of a weird substance forms around the perimeter of my lower lip. Happens randomly and cannot feel it but it is visible to everyone else.
7. There is a pulling sensation across my chin.
8. All the above will impede your ability to speak in public, to do a job that requires ongoing communication.
9. The doctor has no solution for any of the above and the above complications were not mentioned as possible complications. Just numbness that can be permanent damage to the mental nerve. What is not explain is what does that mean, if you damage the mental nerve what are all the things that can result from that and are there solutions, how much pain will be involved in implementing a solution, how much money, what are all the complications with NO SOLUTIONS. It is only $5K to them, but it is the rest of your life that you might be impacting. It has been a year and a half and it makes everyday painful.
10. The pain has lead to taking ambien to sleep through the pain and other pain pills which can by themselves ruin your life. Do not take ambien to sleep this operation led to me taking it so I could sleep because of the nerve damage and getting off ambien is horrible situation.
11. ASK YOUR DOCTOR if any of the above complications happen what are the solutions that are GOING TO SOLVE THE PROBLEMS AND SEE WHAT HE/SHE SAYS, BECAUSE TAKING OUT THE IMPLANT WAS NOT A SOLUTION and IT CAUSED ADDITIONAL COMPLICATIONS.

Mentioning a doctor's name is a bit scary because anything can happen to you. They know all your information and can easily identify your situation. Ask the doctor "who pays for all the money that it might take to solve complications from an elective surgery? Do they have reserve cash if they made a mistake caused the problems?"

This is awful. I'm so sorry this has happened to you. I too got a chin implant and have regret. I'm planning on having it removed soon. Best of luck to you. Please stay strong.
Im terribly sorry to hear about your situation. Can I ask if your implant was done in the mouth or under your chin?