Just Explanted Today - Bay Area, CA

Thanks to the wonderful stories here I was...

Thanks to the wonderful stories here I was inspired to move forward with explantation. I am 29 years old, 30 next month. I am 5'6" taIl and 120lbs. I have always been naturally thin so my breast never developed as large as other girls during grade school so I decided to get implants back in 2005 just so I would feel better in my tops and bathing suits.

My original size was a very small 34a with very little tissue. I barely fit an A cup bra. My implants were saline and I believe above the muscle. Due to some minor hardening and minor sharp pains I decided that I would rather have my natural breast instead of my breasts looking like tennis balls on my chest. I looked into my original doctor for a quote as well as another plastic surgeon but I was quoted $4000, which I couldn't afford. I decided to get a consult with Kaiser which is my regular doctor through my insurance and I am glad that I did. Because of the complications with my breast augmentation Kaiser covered my explantation and all I had to pay was my co-pay.

My explantation surgery was done this morning and I am a little sore but I was anxious to share my story with all of you. I had general anesthesia which normally makes me vomit afterwards but they gave me something for that and so far so good. I have to keep my bandage on until Friday so I will share photos once I remove it. I will continue to share my story as the months develop. Cheers!

San Francisco Plastic Surgeon

Once I see how my breasts develop after removing the bandages I can give an updated rating