Just Explanted Today - Bay Area, CA

Thanks to the wonderful stories here I was...

Thanks to the wonderful stories here I was inspired to move forward with explantation. I am 29 years old, 30 next month. I am 5'6" taIl and 120lbs. I have always been naturally thin so my breast never developed as large as other girls during grade school so I decided to get implants back in 2005 just so I would feel better in my tops and bathing suits.

My original size was a very small 34a with very little tissue. I barely fit an A cup bra. My implants were saline and I believe above the muscle. Due to some minor hardening and minor sharp pains I decided that I would rather have my natural breast instead of my breasts looking like tennis balls on my chest. I looked into my original doctor for a quote as well as another plastic surgeon but I was quoted $4000, which I couldn't afford. I decided to get a consult with Kaiser which is my regular doctor through my insurance and I am glad that I did. Because of the complications with my breast augmentation Kaiser covered my explantation and all I had to pay was my co-pay.

My explantation surgery was done this morning and I am a little sore but I was anxious to share my story with all of you. I had general anesthesia which normally makes me vomit afterwards but they gave me something for that and so far so good. I have to keep my bandage on until Friday so I will share photos once I remove it. I will continue to share my story as the months develop. Cheers!

San Francisco Plastic Surgeon

Once I see how my breasts develop after removing the bandages I can give an updated rating

How are you feeling?

Thank you for sharing your story here on RealSelf! Looking forward to seeing what you think when the bandages come off. Remember that they will change a bit as you heal.

I'm glad you're back to natural. I have never thought breast implants sounded very comfortable, so enjoy your new lighter, softer chest. :)

Thanks ladies, I will be sure to update my story with photos soon...fyi not what happened but my story should be posted as worth it, i had to edit it so should be updated shortly as well.
Explanted*
Hey mb331. Congrats for doing this. I explained last Thursday n im so happy Wwith the results. I was a a/b cup before implants n dd after. Im now a b/c as today.

They fill up slowly. Keep healing n rest alot.
Hi, MB331 Hope you are feeling ok after your op. Im sure things will start to settle soon , I too was a very small A cup well to be honest bearly an A cup ! after breast feeding three children....I have my explant on sunday, And I am hoping they arnt going to be as bad as Im expecting !!!..anyway congratulations and rest .rest. rest !!