I Never Liked my Ears, Until Now. - Baulkham Hills, AU

Growing up I never liked my ears, even though not...

Growing up I never liked my ears, even though not many other people seemed to notice them I always did. When I was younger they never really bothered me much but as I grew older I always felt self conscious of the way they stuck out from my head. I started researching the otoplasty procedure about a year before I decided to get the procedure. All up I visited the clinic four times, once for the first consultation, then the surgery, another time to get my head bandage removed and one final time as a follow up appointment. After the surgery I had to wear a head bandage for a week. My ears were quite sore for the first three or so days but after they were only sore when I accidentally bumped them or rolled onto them in my sleep. The head bandage was not uncomfortable but made it awkward to change and shower as I couldn't get it wet. After the bandage was removed I was surprised about how close my ears were stuck to my head however after about three days they moved out slightly and looked perfectly normal. The only thing I needed to do after getting the bandage removed was wear a headband to bed and wait for my stitches to dissolve. After roughly two weeks my stitches had fell out and my ears were fully healed. They were still sore when touched but otherwise there was no pain or discomfort at all. Now my ears are fully healed and look great! I am very happy with the natural looking result that I received through my surgery. Many people who I see daily did not even notice I had surgery!
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Dr Edinburg was very kind and knowledgeable from my first consultation until the last time I left the clinic. He thoroughly explained the procedure, the outcomes and the risks. He did an excellent precise job on my ears and made me feel very comfortable before, during and after the surgery. The staff at the clinic were all extremely friendly and kind and always went out of their way to make sure I was comfortable while at the clinic and after my surgery. I received numerous phone calls after the surgery to check up on how I was doing.

Thanks for sharing your experience, Ryan! I'm glad everything went well for you. Where are the incisions? Are they hidden?