MELANAGE Chemical Peel Hurts but is GREAT! - Baton Rouge, LA

I had this done in October.. The first week was...

I had this done in October.. The first week was tough. Like the worst sunburn you ever had, with swelling and tightness. It subsided just like a sunburn would and afterwards my skin was GLOWING! My freckles were faded a lot (but not gone completely). I have worn SPF 70 with a hat and sunglasses since having it done and my freckles HAVE come back, SO, this is definitely a once a year thing.

I recommend having it done after summer (every fall)!

Don't get this in the spring or summer time because you will re-damage the skin no matter how hard you try not to! So, consider it to be a yearly treatment that treats the damage from a long summer.

Also, it did not treat fine lines around my eyes or my forehead. That was a little disappointing. I have the beginnings of fine lines around my eyes and a faint forehead line but they are still here! This is a medium chemical peel though- I guess the deeper ones can treat lines. But, the upside is that with this peel there was no wound care or oozing or anything like that! Just red, tight, and swollen. Cool rags helped.

Make sure you use RETINOL rx after you finish the products they give you with the Melanage to maintain your skin.

This is a great review! Thanks for letting us know it worked on your acne but not so much on fine lines.

Good job wearing your sunscreen - so important, and unfortunately I was pretty lazy about it until just recently...amazing how starting to see those lines form makes us compliant all of a sudden, isn't it. ;)

I have been using sunscreen EVERY DAY diligently since my early 20's, but I still am getting fine lines not from sun damage, but from smiling! Only Botox will fix that! That may be my next endeavor ;)

Dermatology Clinic in Baton Rouge is the BEST!