What A Nightmare - Barrington, IL

This is the worst decision I have ever made! I was...

This is the worst decision I have ever made! I was told by a plastic surgeon during a consult prior to the procedure that Radiesse is wonderful for dark hollow circles under the eye. I was not ever informed about the overall risk nor given a preliminary skin test. Alsmost immediately upon the injection, I felt extreme pain and burning under my eye. I asked the doctor to stop the procedure and within one minute my entire eye swelled and became black and blue. I was told I had an allergic reaction to the product.

I spent two weeks off work and at home on steroids and benadryl in complete disbelief as my eyelid drooped over my eye and my nose & cheek turned swollen and very colorful. Now I apprear to have a permanent discolored bump under my eye and will never forgive the doctor much less the people who invented this product. I wish I had been told more and had read this website first. I also need help to get this bump fixed since the doctor decided not to follow up with me after a few weeks because I refused to pay for the service. No more injections for me ever. As for the experience, I'd rather have surgery next time I want to fix something on my face!!

Hoffman Estates Plastic Surgeon

I was not fully informed about Radiesse but the doctor did a good job with Botox on my forhead. I do not think he should have charged me anything considering what happened and the fact that I know it was NOT an allregic reaction. I think a skin test and a brochure should have been given to me first BEFORE I signed the so-called consent form.