What A Nightmare - Barrington, IL

This is the worst decision I have ever made! I was...

This is the worst decision I have ever made! I was told by a plastic surgeon during a consult prior to the procedure that Radiesse is wonderful for dark hollow circles under the eye. I was not ever informed about the overall risk nor given a preliminary skin test. Alsmost immediately upon the injection, I felt extreme pain and burning under my eye. I asked the doctor to stop the procedure and within one minute my entire eye swelled and became black and blue. I was told I had an allergic reaction to the product.

I spent two weeks off work and at home on steroids and benadryl in complete disbelief as my eyelid drooped over my eye and my nose & cheek turned swollen and very colorful. Now I apprear to have a permanent discolored bump under my eye and will never forgive the doctor much less the people who invented this product. I wish I had been told more and had read this website first. I also need help to get this bump fixed since the doctor decided not to follow up with me after a few weeks because I refused to pay for the service. No more injections for me ever. As for the experience, I'd rather have surgery next time I want to fix something on my face!!

if the product is still there & you're still suffering from it, this might help... get a sonic care toothbruth. hold the back of the toothbrush up, against the area that has radiesse in it. it will slowly break up the area, allowing the body to absorb the radiesse. I know because I've had radiesse in the sides of my face (nasolabial lines) for 5 years. I was overfilled & only the top 1" part dissolved. the rest (going down to almost my jawline has remained - about 50-60% since. I started using my sonicare toothbrush because no one had any answers (including all the doctors on here). they're no help. no one wants to surgically remove the radiesse, as it'll probably cause more problems. any filler will always dissolve faster in more mobile areas of the face. I've been doing the sonicare toothbrush remedy for about 3 weeks now & can start to see a difference. I was only doing it 2x a week. but now that I'm seeing improvement, I've moved it up to every day. (I just do it while watching tv & have a small mirror to make sure I'm holding it right on top of the area). I hope that helps! I can truly empathize with you. I personally think radiesse should be banned, as there's no way to remove it & it mimics bone more than fat tissue.

Hi Glendale,

Oh my goodness, that is a horrible reaction you had, I'm so sorry. I completely understand why you don't want anymore injectables. Please keep us updated what you do next.

Britt

Dr. Dhaval Patel

I was not fully informed about Radiesse but the doctor did a good job with Botox on my forhead. I do not think he should have charged me anything considering what happened and the fact that I know it was NOT an allregic reaction. I think a skin test and a brochure should have been given to me first BEFORE I signed the so-called consent form.