What About the Leftovers? - Barrington, IL

I had my tummy tuck and breast lift on December...

I had my tummy tuck and breast lift on December 16th. I am 33 years old and lost 80lbs 6 years ago. It was at that time that I had a breast reduction which prompted the weight loss. 80lbs light I was left with a lot of loose skin on my belly and breasts that looked like shriveled raisins.

The decision to have the surgery was not an easy one and even up to the day of the surgery I was crying and upset.  I just kept thinking that I should be happy I lost the weight and live a healthy happy lifestyle, I shouldn't care what I look like. But at the end of the day I could not get past hating the way I looked.

My surgery went well and the doctor told me that he had removed 4lbs of loose skin off my stomach. 4lbs!! Who knew I had that much there! No liposuction needed! I cried I was so happy because then I knew I really did all I could and there was no workout that was going to take care of that loose skin. For my breasts he didn't remove any fatty tissue, just took a triangle of skin out and resculpted my breasts so that my nipple now faced outward, instead of up.

I am 5 days post op now. Have drains in and am feeling really good. The drains are more a pain then anything. They don't hurt, they just get in the way. I feel like once I get them out I can start moving around a bit more. I do get tired fairly easy and really have to relax. I cannot wait to take a shower. For now I am reduced to having my husband wash my hair in the sink and a sponge bath everyday.

My scar looks amazing! I have seen a lot of pictures and I think mine looks like one of the best. It is low, flat and skinny.

My doctor was great and had a nice bedside manner. Even sent me flowers in the hospital for a speedy recovery!

I am very happy that I made this decision! I look forward to not being as self conscious about my tummy and years of loving myself!

Chicago Plastic Surgeon