Upper Eyelid Surgery -Barrie, ON

I knew in my 20's that the day would come when I'd...

I knew in my 20's that the day would come when I'd need this procedure. I'd seen what happened in my family once the fatty tissue above the eyes began to diminish. I don't think I'd ever have done it unless I hadn't met Dr. Tumi. My girlfriend has been getting botox and fillers for over 10 years, when she needed a new doctor, she made an appointment with Dr.Tumi and asked me to come along and give my impressions of him. Needless to say I was very impressed. He answered all of her questions and mine with patience and honesty. When I asked him what he would do to my face (I'd never had anything done) he said he'd only suggest an upper blepharoplasty so I could see better, other than that, I would benefit from some filler to turn my frown up and botox on some crow's feet. A month later, I booked the surgery.
I waited until now to post because I didn't want to scare anyone, lol. I have hypothyroidism, which was never considered an issue by my doctor but I've read so many scary stories, I wanted to be a positive voice. I was awake, no pills to calm me, was in and out in an hour. The sutures were dissolving and are covered with a glue, because I'm highly allergic to the antibiotic ointment commonly prescribed for the incision. The glue ensures no bacteria can enter and I was given an oral antibiotic. The most striking thing about this surgery was the almost complete lack of pain. Day one I took Tylenol, that was it.
Barrie Plastic Surgeon

Very respectful, honest and conservative. This surgeon has a moral compass and isn't just there for the money cosmetic surgery brings. He is a plastic surgeon who opened his office to cosmetic surgery procedures due to the high number of unqualified "doctors" operating in this field.

You look great Brig, well done!
Thank you very much :) I consider it to be the best money I've ever spent on myself!

Ha! Not really a trooper. If I'd had a choice, I really would have enjoyed my couch too!

you look great! wonderful review :)
Thank you, you're very kind. I am very happy to be able to see!
Beautiful outcome even without makeup! Mine is scheduled for 10/15 and I am very excited but nervous and scared too!!
I can understand that. I wasn't nervous at all since I really just wanted to see again. Your surgeon will likely talk to you throughout the surgery, you'll find that helps. If your surgeon doesn't talk, there should be an assistant or nurse you can speak with. The nurse held my hand when she felt I was tense.

Thanks for sharing.  You went back to work on Day 2!?  How was that??

It was fine, really. I have a job that primarily requires me to be at a desk. I wouldn't have done it if my job required a lot of bending over or heavy lifting. I wore a pair of sunglasses to hide the "mess" (didn't want to send small children screaming from the room). A week after the surgery, I didn't need the sunglasses, which was nice.

Wow you are a trooper.  I think I lived on the couch for at least 4 days after my lower bleph.