The Intense Heat is Destructive, It Doesn't Repair Your Face, It Causes Real Damage- Thailand, TH

Please don't have this procedure, run the other...

Please don't have this procedure, run the other way!! Save your money and your face. It would be much better spent on fillers, botox, or even a facelift if that is really what is needed. After having this done myself, and reading so many of the reviews, my conclusion is: It not only doesn't work, it really does damage your entire face in ways you would never imagine. All for thousands of dollars!

I had this done in Thailand, it was painful, but I endured, thinking I was doing myself a great anti aging favor. Wrong. Just after the procedure my face was a swollen mess, I looked really warped and swollen, it took me about 2 hours of icing my face to be able to look normal enough to walk out of the clinic which was right in the middle of a busy, high end mall in Bangkok. (Bangkok consists of several high end shopping malls throughout the city, many med spa / surgery clinics in Thailand are located in these malls, and I just want to note that the health care in Thailand at these clinics is quite reputable.)

Anyway, that night, I took some after pics once most of the swelling had gone down, I thought that my face looked mostly normal, but also kind of different, kind of off, but not too bad, I chalked that up to the swelling.

Well about 3 days later, after all the swelling had totally gone away, what I did clearly notice, to my horror, was that my eyes looked noticeably smaller in relation to the rest of my face, and like they had upper and lower eyelid retraction. I also noticed that my face looked longer, older, and drawn in, especially my nose to lips. I took a second set of after pics which confirmed what I was seeing in the mirror.

Unfortunately those were my final results! No plumping, no tightening, just an older, longer, drawn and aged looking face, and smaller eyes with retracted looking eyelids. Talk about depressing.

Bottom Line: I looked young and pretty before, with big eyes, I did not have a long face at all. I did Ultherapy as a preventative aging treatment, and instead this procedure made me look worse and aged me about a decade, making my face look long and drawn, and my eyes look smaller and strange looking due to the retraction of the eyelids.

I didn't do any research, which was very reckless and stupid. Now, having had it done, and reading hundreds of reviews, I think the lucky ones are the ones who saw no change, (but sadly who really knows what kind of future damage will manifest as a result of this damaging heat directed into the fat and muscle layers.)

Unfortunately, there are also plenty of negative reviews out there about the damage Ultherapy has caused to peoples faces: numbness, bruising, scarring, welts, dents in the skin, burns, pigmentation changes, fat loss, smaller eyes, eye retraction, more drooping, accelerated aging, etc. etc.

The truth is that this is the latest hype procedure that big corporations are selling to Doctors and Med Spas, and there are plenty of unscrupulous, uneducated, untrained providers out there who are using this technology. They are treating us as guinea pigs, taking our money and hoping for the best. They don't care about the patients, they care about the money.

So please don't do it!! Don't go through with any surgery or procedure without doing hours and hours and hours of research, and then more research. You can't trust many of these providers to do what's right by you, their objective is to get your money, you need to trust in yourself and look out for yourself first.
Unfortunately, I had the same experience. My results, however, continued to deteriorate. As the months went by, I continued to lose fat. No firming, in fact I think my problem areas sag more due to loss of volume. I had a longer face to begin with, and loss of volume was my biggest fear. I was assured this would not happen. Since I had my procedure, I've read many reviews complaining of loss of volume. My eyes also look smaller, but I cannot figure out why. I don't believe my eyelids have retracted, and if they had it seems as if that would actually make them look bigger. I do want to point out that I had my procedure done at a reputable plastic surgeons office, and they actually train other people how to use the device. I don't want anyone to think it's just the practitioner. I've also looked at a lot of after pic's and I also see the "shrunken" look a lot. Not always, but often. I want people to understand it is a very real possibility that they will lose fat/volume and if they are at all concerned about that, do not do the procedure.
Hi Chrissie, thanks for your comment. If I can help just one person avoid this procedure, then I know writing this review is worth it. If you look closely at many of the before and after pictures, you'll notice what I think looks like a "shrinky dink" effect - almost like the faces were baked in an oven and came out kind of shrunken looking, just like those shrinkydinks kids used to play with back in the day. I think this is really exactly what is happening to our faces with this magical technology they are charging us so much money for - it's getting baked and shrunken. Disgusting!!
Thank you for your honesty. I was thinking of doing it but not after reading your story.
Siam Laser Clinic

I blame the procedure itself more than the clinic since the procedure is still in its experimental stages and I believe it will damage the skin no matter who performs the procedure.