35 Year Old Mother of 2 in Thailand Wanting to Get "The Girls" Put Back Where They Belong! – Bangkok, Thailand

Hello ladies, I have been reading, reading and...

Hello ladies,
I have been reading, reading and reading everything I can get my hands on regarding a breast lift with implants. The information and support that everyone has shown to each other on RealSelf is just great and I wanted to share my story.

I am a 35 year old mother of 2 little girls. I am 5 feet 6 inches tall and weigh 133 pounds. I currently wear a 32 DD bra and do not want to go bigger. They are a pretty deflated DD let me tell you! I am now dreaming of perky lovies! I am interested in getting a lift with implants.

We live in Thailand currently while my husband builds his business. We are originally from Seattle, Washington.

My husband and I would always joke about getting my "boobs done" when we were all finished having children. Last October I finished breast feeding my youngest and let me tell you- my breasts have never been the same since. Hence the seed was sown and I have been a lady on a mission ever since!

Living in Thailand has many benefits, but a major one is the cost of cosmetic surgery and dental work. Not only can I get it done here by a skilled surgeon, but I can also save a lot of money too.

I have 3 consultations lined up next week. I will let you all know about the different doctors, my thoughts and ultimately my final decision.

Cost

Well, it has been a few days and my consultation appointments are all lined up for next week. I have been quoted from $3600 USD to $7500.00 USD. That is quite a price difference! Both doctors use the same product and both have great reviews. The less expensive doctor has his own practice, in his own building and does his surgery there. The other does his work out of the premer hospital in Bangkok. I am waiting to make my decision after I meet them both- but a $4000.00 price differnece- that
s pretty big. What do you ladies think?

I had my first consultation today

Took myself off to meet Dr. Pichet in Bangkok Thailand. He is the first of my consultations. So far he has had excellent communication and his staff have been extremely nice. He runs his own practice in Bangkok so I went to his office for the meeting. The office seemed very clean. He also is the least expensive of the Dr.s I have lined up. By about $4000.00 dollars! Doing the surgery out of his hospital is much cheaper then going with a big hospital here.
When I was trying to get to the office I got lost, called the clinic and they sent a car to pick me up. I thought that was very nice because it turned out I was very far from the clinic.
When I arrived they took me upstairs and had me fill out a small questionnaire. They then asked me to remove my shirt for some photos. I am a shy person so that was a little embarrassing for me but I got over it! Then Dr. Pichet came in and we had a little chat. He had me try on implant sizes- we decided to go with 260cc silicon under muscle. I have 32dd breasts now and don't really want to go bigger, just fuller on top. Do you guys think this is big enough?
We then talked about the lift. He thought a donut lift would be fine but I expressed my wish to have my boobs lifted up up and away and that I wanted something that would last a long while. It should be interesting to hear what the next Dr. has to recommend for me. Overall, I liked the clinic, staff and the Dr. He priced me out at $3600.00 US dollars for the lift and implants.

2nd consultation

I had a 2nd consultation on Sunday with another Dr. in Bangkok. This doctor is more expensive then the first one but not as bad as I originally thought. He will do the surgery in one of 3 hospitals here in Bangkok and there is about a $2000.00 price difference between the 3. The less expensive option is still a great hospital but not as "posh" as the first. I have decided that I don't care about "poshness" but about the doctor.
I really liked this doctor right off the bat. His nurses checked my temp, took my blood pressure and where there for the consultation. This doctor was much more thourough then the last. He actually measured me and discussed why he would use the wider type of implant as opposed to the high profile the other doctor said I would need. It turns out that by measuring me he found I had a "wide" chest and that a wider implant would look much better on my body. He also said I had enough breast tissue to get the lift done without the implant but I have decided I would like bigger boobies! So when I tried on sizers with him - I thought I wanted 175 cc - but after looking on this site at different pictures I realized I liked the look of larger breasts. After playing around with rice sizers at home I think I like 300 cc much better. Do you think this is too big? I don't want to have this done and be sad if I went too small.
So now I have 1 more consultation to go then it is decision time. It looks like I will be able to have the surgery done pretty fast after I decide on who is going to do it! Exciting!!

Oh, and about the lift

I forgot to ad that the last doctor is recommending a vertical lift. I told him that I wanted the best lift I could get and that I didn't care about an anchor scar if thats what he ends up doing.

3rd consultation

This morning I went for my 3rd consultation. He was a very nice doctor, beautiful facilities and a good price. About $4500.00.
He said that I needed a vertical lift and implants over the muscle as opposed to under. The last 2 doctors before recommended under the muscle not over. Does any one have any advise on this? And I am still torn up about what size to go. Today at the doctors they had me try on implants and I liked the look of 225 cc but with the rice sizers I liked 300 - what should I trust?!

Under muscle or over?

So now I have had 3 consults with 3 different doctors. I have 2 for under muscle and 1 for over. I have been doing some research trying to figure out the + & - of each way - and it seems pretty even to me. Perhaps under muscle will stay perkier longer as gravity does not pull on the implant as much? Ahhhh!!!! I don't know- anyone with any advise? I am saggy 32DD looking to go a little bigger - 225cc to 275 cc implants silcon. I am 5'6 inches tall and weigh 133 poundsl.

picked a doctor and scheduled the surgery!

Well I have picked my doctor and it is set to go. I had my consultation with Dr. Nond at Bumrungrad Hospital. He gives you the option of 3 different hospitals to choose from to have the surgery done in. Bumrungrad Hospital is the most posh hospital in town but it also comes with a $2000.00 more price increase then the least hospital - a not for profit hospital called St. Louis. I am choosing to have my surgery done at St. Louis because when it comes down to it- I care about my doctor but not so much the decor of my recovery room! So there it is- I am booked for September 8th! I also have had this small hernia that has been bothering me (lovely gift from my girls for being pregnant!) and Dr. Nond has arranged for General Surgion to come and fix it at the same time as my b/a & b/l which is pretty cool. I didn't like the thought of having to go into surgery twice and twice the recovery... The other great thing is that the surgeon is going to do- as he put it "laparoscopic incisional hernia repair which the hernia contents will be managed to return in to the abdomen and the defect will be closed with the synthetic mesh. This procedure will need only 3 tiny hole to access into the belly. Post operative recovery is much more comfortable than the open technique" which sounds pretty great to me.
So now all I have to do is figure out my CC's and I am set!

Countdown has begun!

Tomorrow I go for my pre op and to figure out what size I am shooting for. I have taken all the photos of my "dream breasts" and emailed them to my PS so he has an idea of what I am looking for. As well as pictures of breasts that I do not care for. I have my ice packs, food and childcare all taken care of for next week. At this point I thought I would feel more excited but I feel more anxious instead....
I have never been one to be nervous - so this is a new feeling for me. I am just wishing that it could be a month from now and I would be through this part all ready.... So instead I shall do my best to think about the awesomeness of perky boobs- about the potential of actually going braless (gasp) under a shirt and just overall how much better it will be (fingers crossed)!

The coutdown has begun!

In 23 hours I will be sound asleep getting new and (hopefully) improved boobies! I had a horrible sleep last night- I am hoping to get a better one tonight. I have to be at the hospital at 1pm - so at least I can sleep in somewhat. Getting nervous!

Getting ready to head on out

Feeling very nervous and actually a little nauseous :( Wish me luck!

before pictures

Not glamour shots by any stretch of the imagination but here are thought I would take some before pictures for comparison.

one more picture

last photo before they are changed forever!

At the hospital...

Well I have arrived, all signed in and in my room. A lady just put my IV in and she was very gentle. I have never before done any elective surgery and it feels weird checking into the hospital completely healthy to have something changed on my body...
My husband just left with the kids and that was the hardest part. I didn't think I would feel so emotional but I do. Sniff sniff. Well at least it is almost over (the surgery part) and then I will have awesome boobies!

Wow, this hurts

Well, it is all done. Procedures took a little over 5 hours. Had an all right sleep last night. Others were correct when they said it felt like an elephant on your chest and it is really hard to breath. I just had my first little bit of food 1/2 slice of toast and it went down fine. Have not had anything else in 24 hours.
The hospital and staff have been fine although no one speaks any English and I speak little Thai. My emotions are pretty raw right now as well, but I am sure that is due to the drugs more then any thing else. Have not even looked at my chest yet so have nothing to report there.....

Day 2 - arrived home

Well, another night down and feeling a little better today. We left the hospital at about 5pm last night and it took 1 hour to get home in the famous Bangkok traffic. No surprise here but when I got out of the car I promptly threw up- 3 times. Luckily for me, I had brought something to throw up in just in case. I am glad I did because I am not one to throw up easily- I highly recommend bringing a garbage can or something if you have a long drive.
I slept on the lazy boy recliner last night - I had an OK sleep. As luck would have it both of my little girls are sick so they were up a lot in the night :( Sad little things- and I could not even cuddle them. That part sucks.
As for pain, it is getting better but boy- it really hurts if you fall behind on your medication. I don't know if it was the combo of breast lift\ breast aug and the hernia operation but it is pretty tough. At least today I feel better then yesterday so hopefully that will be my trend to follow. I am doing a lot of icing - on the tops of my breasts and on the area where they went in for my hurnia. My tummy is all swollen -
OK- enough on the not so great parts-
I am really happy I had this done and cannot wait to see the results. I just keep imagining wearing a shirt with no bra! Not having those big red marks on my shoulders from the bra strap keeping my boobies up. Lovely cleavage and backless shirts and dresses!

post op pictures

Photos taken 36 hours after surgery. I am sorry they are not so good, I took them myself :)

more photos

I have had a vertical lift with 175 cc mentor siltex round moderate profile gel breast implant. I also had liproscopic surgery to fix a hernia :(

48 hours

Well, I can tell everyone that is thinking about having this done that you start to feel sooo much better 48 hours in. Although my back and shoulders are sore and tight from sleeping in the stupid recliner I feel 100% better then yesterday afternoon. Thank goodness for I felt pretty bad. I am going to take a shower tonight, take off the bandages and get my first real look at my new breasts :) I will post some pictures of my "frenkinboobies" !

here are some pictures

Well, here they are my frankenboobies! They look so terrible to me right now and I am trying to remind myself that it only gets better from here.

feeling so much better this morning!

Well, it is day 4 of recovery and I feel so much better. Actually had a pretty good nights sleep. My 2 little girls are still sick so that is not much fun but at least it has not been passed to me. Still taking some pain medication and antibiotics. Unfortunately the antibiotics have given me a yeast infection (tmi, so sorry) and have to get that taken care of today as well. It seems every time I have to take antibiotics that happens to me :(
As for how the chest feels - much better and not so tight. I can breath in fully now which is wonderful. I have sensation in my right nipple but so far non in my left. I go to see the doctor on Sunday so he can have a look at them. So far nothing looks too strange and I feel like I am healing well.
And a note on my hernia operation - I am recovering well from that too. My tummy still looks like I am 4 months pregnant with the swelling but that is about it. Here are some pictures I took last night. The lighting is really awful and they actually look less scary in person and not so strange.

Everyday I feel better and better!

Day 5 and feeling pretty great. Still have not been doing much of anything- just focusing on recovery. I have my pre op appointment on Sunday and looking forward to hearing what the doctor has to say. I can now fully breath in to my hearts delight and my back and shoulders have loosened up considerably.

Day 7 and feeling awesome! New pictures!

I had my 1 week post op appointment with my doctor today. Everything is looking great. He took the stitches out of the vertical incision today. I did not feel a thing. I am so happy with how my breasts are looking I took some new pictures. The breasts look way better in person but I will share anyway. I cannot tell you the immense feeling of happiness and giddiness I felt when I put on a white tank top braless. Simply awesome! I could not be happier at this point!

a small infection

My left breast is behaving badly! I have a small infection of the stitches next to my areola. I have a appointment with my doctor to "unroof" the pustule. Sounds totally gross but I hope it takes care of the problem. Fingers crossed!

Infection on the mend!

I saw the doctor today and he "unroofed" the pustule, prescribed me another weeks dose of antibiotics and gave me some cream to put on the wounds. I have another appointment to see him on Sunday to remove the stitches around my areola and to check and see how the infection is clearing up. Although the left breast is having trouble the right is looking fantastic and I could not be happier with how they are looking. They are not too big, nor too small. I will post some new pictures next week after my infection is all cleared up :)

15 day post op pictures

Everything is going good. My wounds are healing and the doctor is having me keep bandaids on. I do not have to wear the compression strap anymore - so much better! Still a little pain here and there. It is hard to remember sometimes to keep it easy and not over due it during the day. Sleep has gotten better- now I am sleeping on my side for part of the night. I am very happy with the size and how they look (so far) Less boxy.

Getting better everyday

Good news to report- wounds are almost all healed! Only one left that I have to put a bandaid on. That makes me very happy. My doctor has advised me to keep the tape on for 2 months. He says that this will make my scars stay flat. So far they are all very flat with no raised parts. The "pleating" is slowly going away as my doctor said it would. For some reason it looks worse in the pictures then it does in reality. I am very happy with my size. All of my old bras fit perfectly - so it seems I have stayed the same size as before the lift at 32DD - which is what I wanted. Now they are just round and full instead of saggy and baggy!
I have been very happy with my Doctor. He has seen me every week and the after care has been great.
My pictures and not very great- I am poor at taking selfies.

new pictures

Well, nothing much to report. Still on the mend and get little aches and pains a few times a day but the girls are looking awesome and I could not be happier. All of my little infections are cleared up and on the mend. I cannot wait to get out of these ugly bras! 1 month more to go in them!!!
In regards to my hernia surgery- that is all healing well but I still have a little "puffy tummy" that I did not have before. When I was last at the doctor (10 days ago) I was weighed and have not gained 1 ounce during this recovery time - so I know that I haven't put weight on- I guess I just need to be more patient with the swelling. It sucks though! Here are some new pictures.
Dr. Nond

Board-certified Plastic Surgeon Associate Professor Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Department of Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, Chulalongkorn University I am a professor at the largest training center of plastic surgery in Thailand, Chulalongkorn hospital. My career started in 1998 after a full training in general surgery and plastic surgery. During and after my training, I was under preceptorship of Prof.Dr. Charan Mahatumarat who is the father of craniofacial surgery in Thailand. Prof. Mahatumarat is also known as one of the best cosmetic surgeons in Thailand. What I have in the present practice could not be possible without his kind teaching and care. I furthered my education by training at Australian Craniofacial Unit in Adelaide, South Australia for one year and at Tampa Bay Craniofacial Center in Tampa, Floria, USA for another one year. In Australia I gained high-level skill in manipulating facial bone structures in different ways, not to mention other surgical procedures for various craniofacial deformities. This become the basis of my current capability of cosmetic facial surgery. In Tampa I experienced advances in plastic surgical instrumentations and devices as well as various cosmetic procedures commonly done in Florida. It was the golden period when I had opportunities to attend conferences in plastic surgery in US, to learn facial cosmetic surgery, breast surgery and body contouring. Chulalongkorn university is the largest medical school in Thailand. It ranks the first in Thailand, 138th among the world's top universities and 51st in Life Sciences and Biomedicine area by Times Higher Education 2009. Education 1990 - Honor degree of Medicine from Faculty of Medicine, Chulalongkorn University 1997 - Diploma of Thai Board of General Surgery Received the best resident after the training completion Be elected as the chief residents througout the three years of training 1999 - Diploma of Thai Board of Plastic Surgery 2000 - One-year clinical fellowship training in Plastic Surgery and Craniofacial Surgery at Australian Cranio-facial Unit, Adelaide, South Australia 2001 - One-year clinical fellowship training in Plastic Surgery and Craniofacial Surgery at Tampa Bay Craniofacial Center, Tampa, Florida, USA Board Certifications Diploma of Thai Board of General Surgery, 1997 Diploma of Thai Board of Plastic Surgery, 1999 Plastic Surgery and Craniofacial Surgery, Australia, 1999-2000 Plastic Surgery and Craniofacial Surgery, USA, 2000-2001 Memberships Member, International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery Executive member, Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons of Thailand Executive member, Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons of Thailand Executive member (and founding member), Thai Cleft Lip-Palate and Craniofacial Association Fellow, Royal College of Surgeons of Thailand Current Responsibility Council member of the Asia Pacific Craniofacial Association Council member of the Thai Cleft Lip-Palate and Craniofacial Association Deputy Head of the Princess Sirindhorn (Chulalongkorn) Craniofacial Center, Bangkok Thailand Council member of the Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons of Thailand Council member of the Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons of Thailand Committee for Plastic Surgery Board examination Publications (not including public magazines) 19 papers in international journals 31 abstracts in proceedings books 24 chapters in medical textbooks including 2 plastic surgery textbooks (Atlas of Endoscopic Forehead Lift, Frontoethmoidal Encephalomeningocele)

Thank you for being so open as to document your journey! I hope you're loving your new silhouette!
Hi you look great. I have done some major research and was also looking at Dr pritchet and Dr nond and have decided to go with Dr nond. I would love to know how everything is still going.
the photos look good and your scars seem to have faded so quickly!
You are so kind and generous to share your journey, highs and lows. I’ve been thinking about having a hernia fixed here but I’m wondering what that part of the operation cost you and if you’re still having swelling from it. That seems like a long time to still be swollen after supposed “less invasive” surgery.
Hi Silvergirl1960, The surgery for the hernia was 100,000 baht - or around 3,000 USD. Everything I have read says that the swelling could last up to 6 weeks :( I was hoping that all would be back to normal before then - but who knows? Perhaps it is taking me a little longer because I had all the surgeries done together? - but I can say that I am so happy to not have that hernia anymore!
You look great!
Hello! I'm seriously considering Dr Nond for the same procedure as you. Can you tell me more about St Louis hospital? Were you in a private room? How did you find the nurses? Would you recommend it for me (an Australian, very familiar with Thailand but with no Thai language skills and potentially travelling solo) or should I fork out the extra expense? Bumrungrad has photos but I can't find any of St. Louis to get a feel for it! Thank you! PS your boobs are what have really pushed me towards Dr Nond. They look AWESOME!!
Hi Jana, Thank you for the compliment :) I am living here in Bangkok and have been to Bumrungrad several times- I take my 2 little daughters to their pediatrician there. I also had all of my consultations and after care at Dr. Nonds office there. As for St. Louis- everyone was super nice - and although a lot of the nurses did not speak much english we were able to understand each other just fine. The hospital is not as flashy as Bumrungrad but it is not run down or anything either. It was very clean - utilitarian and well run. I had my own private room with a/c, t.v etc and free wifi (just ask for the password) If I had to do it all again I would not hesitate to book again at St. Louis- especially since the savings is so much. And as for Dr. Nond, he is a really nice man and when the time comes (someday in the future) I will have him do my facelift. I highly recommend him.
Excellent - thank you so much! I probably would go St Louis considering the savings. Very pleased to hear that about Dr Nond too. He's my first preference at the moment but I haven't heard back from him yet.
Email is at times slow- the very best way to reach him is to call him on the phone. I have found that to be very true of most people and businesses here in Thailand. They hardly ever get to email in a timely manner but a call on the phone works wonders!
You look like you are healing well! Your overall results look great + most importantly you seem happy with it! Congrats. What kind of tape is it that they suggested for minimizing scaring?
Hi breastliftpanama, I just have the regular white tape that they put on after they remove the stitches. When I asked my doctor about the silicon scar treatment sheets- he says they have not been proven to be effective and does not believe in the cost benefit. He also does not believe in massage for capsuler contracture .
You look great! What size implant did you get? How many cc's?
Hi AB2006 thank you! I have had a vertical lift with 175 cc mentor siltex round moderate profile gel breast implant.
I have to agree, I think the size is perfect on your frame! Looking great!
Thanks CAmommyto3!
Any updates?
Posted some new pics :)
Wishing you a speedy recovery!
Thank you!
Sorry to hear that. Are you in pain or running a fever. I hope you feel better soon.
No pain or fever so hoping it is just a very mild infection :)
Oh no...sad to hear :-( Ho
Oops...hope it gets healed up soon!!

Congratulations! You already look great only one week post op. I'm so happy for you and glad to see you're well enough to be trying on different bras, tops, etc. Love all the photos. I bet you're so excited to march around without a bra on. :) Don't worry about the bloating...it takes some time to subside. Happy healing and keep updating us. Oh, and I hope your little girls are feeling better too!