Face Lift with Dr Nond Rojvachiranonda - Bangkok, Thailand

Travelled over to Bangkok after a long series of...

Travelled over to Bangkok after a long series of emails with Dr Nond. I met with him and he was very calm and welcoming, there was no pressure what so ever, I felt very comfortable before the surgery. I chose to proceed and again on the day of the surgery he was very relaxed which made me feel good.

2 days after surgery:

Unfortunately after the surgery I was in considerable pain and tried contacting Dr Nond. It took 3 days to get a response which I was mortified about. Being in a foreign country and not have contact with your surgeon is a horrible feeling.

1 week after surgery.

Not feeling good at all, limited contact from Dr Nond. A nurse pulled some stitches out by I did not see the Dr in person.

2 weeks after surgery:

Swelling and bruising almost all gone, flied home in moderate pain.

1 month after surgery:

I was getting the feeling the result was not going to be a good one, my face was clearly asymmetrical. My eyelids were slightly out of shape and left my cheek and eyebrow was higher than the right one, I thought it could be residual swelling but I emailed Dr Nond. 2 weeks later I got a response which did not answer my concerns what so ever.

3 months post surgery:

I sent a strongly worded email to Dr Nond explaining of my dissatisfaction, depression and anger about the result. I received a reply stating I was a "manic depressive who acted like a bi polar patient".

6 months post surgery:

I am in contact with a medical malpractice layer in Bangkok who is pursuing a lawsuit against Dr Nond.

1 year post surgery.

Had a revision locally which cost me 4 x as much as Dr Nond, however it was a very good result. I am still engaged in a lawsuit with Dr Nond but we are making progress, I am on tracking to get compensation and a disciplinary judgement for his conduct.

Summary:

I wish I had never gone overseas for surgery. I lost a year of my life and half of my life savings trying to save a few thousand pounds. If something goes wrong the process is almost not worth it to get it rectified, even then I still may not get a favourable outcome. Please people do some solid research on who you're considering for plastic surgery, ask yourself if its worth the risk of losing 1 year of your life and all up about 20,000 pounds just to save 3-4 thousand. I wish everyone the best in their travels.
Dr Nond Rojvachiranonda

Initially very nice but post surgery refused to see me and was very hard to get in contact with via email or telephone. Overall the result was not good, asymmetrical lines which needed revving back home 1 year later.

Nick you need to go back on your medication mate !
I have just returned from Bangkok after having surgery with Doctor Nond. I am thrilled with my results! He is a gentleman of the highest degree and a genius when it comes to cosmetic outcomes. I will never let another surgeon work on me again. I am planning on returning to Thailand to have more work done and I have no concerns what so ever about the outcome! Anyone living in Australia who needs confirmation or reassurance can obtain my phone number or email address from dr Nond and I will happily share my experiences with you. Like the original poster I am also very pleased with the results my scars are healing nicely and In fact I had someone come up to me in Bangkok while I was wearing the head dressing to compliment my result and ask for my surgeons name. Moreover, my GP here in Australia, who initially frowned on me having this procedure, was amazed by with my results… People are saying I look so well and no one has picked up that I have had a face lift. Very happy customer here!
Hi Dee I'm so glad your happy with results. I have just sent off pics to Dr Nond after doing heaps of research and he seems like the one for me. I would love to email you personally and ask you a few questions. Cheers
I am excited ! All confirmed for my Face lift/neck and lower eyes with Dr Nond on 1st June . I have the utmost confidence in my choice of surgeons after lots of research and communicating with former patients
Hi Mingkoho, I am new to this forum and procedure of replying, but if you ask dr nond he will give you my email address and or ph number, I do not know how to send a private messages and I certainly do not want to put my email address up here as someone called nick who is an IT expert has hacked into an email address when someone questioned his ethics re: posting negative and untrue stories about Dr Nond , see Dianne66 below. I personally am not affiliated with Dr Nond in any way, I had my surgery done on the 24 Dec (yes it was the weirdest Christmas ever!!) as that was the only date he had available whilst I was in Bangkok. I do not normally post on forums but felt the need to speak up when I saw this Nick / Claire person on here doing a hammering job on someone who does not deserve it. I cannot believe that anyone would try to destroy a the reputation of an extremely skilled surgeon who has spent his life helping disadvantaged kids and obtaining amazing and natural cosmetic outcomes for his patients! Totally injustice, if you read Dr Nonds web page you will see the whole story and I have no doubt you will be able to make up your own mind. Anyway, I felt the need to post because I do not like to standby when I witness an injustice. Hope we connect soon Mingkoho ,If I can I will happily answer any and all of your questions :))
Hi Mingkoho, I am new to this forum and procedure of replying, but if you ask dr nond he will give you my email address and or ph number, I do not know how to send a private messages and I certainly do not want to put my email address up here as someone (OP) called nick who is an IT expert has hacked into an email address when someone questioned his ethics re: posting negative and untrue stories about Dr Nond , see Dianne66 below. I personally am not affiliated with Dr Nond in any way, I had my surgery done on the 24 Dec (yes it was the weirdest Christmas ever!!) as that was the only date he had available whilst I was in Bangkok. I do not normally post on forums but felt the need to speak up when I saw this Nick / Claire person on here doing a hammering job on someone who does not deserve it. I cannot believe that anyone would try to destroy a the reputation of an extremely skilled surgeon who has spent his life helping disadvantaged kids and obtaining amazing and natural cosmetic outcomes for his patients! Totally injustice, if you read Dr Nonds web page you will see the whole story and I have no doubt you will be able to make up your own mind. Anyway, I felt the need to post because I do not like to standby when I witness an injustice. Hope we connect soon Mingkoho
Yes, I think it is really important you have 110% confidence in your surgeon before they wheel you down!! Certainly - it made a big difference to me knowing I had done my research !!
Thanks Dee yes I'm new to this forum as well. I will find out from dr nond and chat to you in the near future. Thanks
Hi jenny hope it all goes great. Which hospital are you going to? I'm not going till January next year so would love to hear how it all goes
Good luck jenny
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Well all I can say is that I've had 3 major surgeries ( totalling a bit over 16 hours in the operating theatre ) and had one minor and very common complication that was seen to the afternoon that it was reported to Dr Nond. The outcomes of my surgeries have all been fantastic and include a chest reconstruction with nipple relocation, full TT and full lower body lift. I really couldn't fault Dr Nond.
ha...you signed up in 2012. You are for OZ. Only one post. Great Job!
What does that mean?
well said
Nick, everyone knows you are lying and using a fake name. This makes any actual complaint you had, less likely to believe as you are lying to us all right now
I find it difficult to believe anyone would go to such lengths to make up a story. No one has that kind of time, really, do they? I appreciate this woman opening her personal life and sharing her story. Maybe your experience differed from hers. But, don't attack someone just because they have a different opinion. Please be respectful. Otherwise, these forums just become "advertisements" and no one will want to share valuable information. Let's not attack people personally, please, show a modicum of manners.
Dr. Nond is a great surgeon. I had excellent results with him. He was caring, honest and skilled. He spent two extra hours on my surgery just getting the job done properly, rather than rushing it. The person who posted this review is trying to slander Dr. Nond for some other purpose. It is a man who most likely has mental problems. Read Dr. Nond's side of things on his website - you will see who is the unbalanced person.
Thank you for sharing your experience on RealSelf!
It is a shame realself community manager didn't at this person complaining about Dr Nond. This person forgets to tell the full story and if the community manager of this site did a little research she would find the facts very easily. I am beginning to wonder how good this site is.
Dianne66, if you have something you would like us to investigate, please send me a PM with the pertinent details.
I have only respect and admiration for Dr Nond and the work he does . Please see Dr Nonds website and . How a person or one person in this case can be so vindictive is beyond me
For all who are reading this review please see my comment on Beautiful Bangkok Boobies dated 18/1/2014. It would appear that Claire84, SallD and Nick are one person. Check the stories carefully and cross reference all three as I did. First read the emails on Dr Nonds website from Nick, then check comments by SallD and Claire84, it becomes very clear that this one person has set out to discredit Dr Nond and even tells him that is what he will do. Admin check this out yourself . It is clearly a vengeful act and should be removed from this site
100% correct. They are all the same guy.