Face Lift with Dr Nond Rojvachiranonda - Bangkok, Thailand

Travelled over to Bangkok after a long series of...

Travelled over to Bangkok after a long series of emails with Dr Nond. I met with him and he was very calm and welcoming, there was no pressure what so ever, I felt very comfortable before the surgery. I chose to proceed and again on the day of the surgery he was very relaxed which made me feel good.

2 days after surgery:

Unfortunately after the surgery I was in considerable pain and tried contacting Dr Nond. It took 3 days to get a response which I was mortified about. Being in a foreign country and not have contact with your surgeon is a horrible feeling.

1 week after surgery.

Not feeling good at all, limited contact from Dr Nond. A nurse pulled some stitches out by I did not see the Dr in person.

2 weeks after surgery:

Swelling and bruising almost all gone, flied home in moderate pain.

1 month after surgery:

I was getting the feeling the result was not going to be a good one, my face was clearly asymmetrical. My eyelids were slightly out of shape and left my cheek and eyebrow was higher than the right one, I thought it could be residual swelling but I emailed Dr Nond. 2 weeks later I got a response which did not answer my concerns what so ever.

3 months post surgery:

I sent a strongly worded email to Dr Nond explaining of my dissatisfaction, depression and anger about the result. I received a reply stating I was a "manic depressive who acted like a bi polar patient".

6 months post surgery:

I am in contact with a medical malpractice layer in Bangkok who is pursuing a lawsuit against Dr Nond.

1 year post surgery.

Had a revision locally which cost me 4 x as much as Dr Nond, however it was a very good result. I am still engaged in a lawsuit with Dr Nond but we are making progress, I am on tracking to get compensation and a disciplinary judgement for his conduct.

Summary:

I wish I had never gone overseas for surgery. I lost a year of my life and half of my life savings trying to save a few thousand pounds. If something goes wrong the process is almost not worth it to get it rectified, even then I still may not get a favourable outcome. Please people do some solid research on who you're considering for plastic surgery, ask yourself if its worth the risk of losing 1 year of your life and all up about 20,000 pounds just to save 3-4 thousand. I wish everyone the best in their travels.
Dr Nond Rojvachiranonda

Initially very nice but post surgery refused to see me and was very hard to get in contact with via email or telephone. Overall the result was not good, asymmetrical lines which needed revving back home 1 year later.