Vaser Liposuction in Bangalore - Bangalore, India

I was always embarrassed with my hanging tummy...

I was always embarrassed with my hanging tummy after child birth. I tried out many alternatives, tried slimming pills, mesotherapy, diet and exercise ( could not continue for long :-) ). Somehow it didn’t reduce my tummy at all.
Thought of liposuction, I am very scared of needles and very less tolerant to pain. I was very hesitant on doing lipo for the very same reason. Did a lot of reading about the procedure on internet.
I finally went for consultation with Dr Gunasekar V at GVG aesthetic clinic in Bangalore for Vaser liposuction. Took another month to think about it, discussed with family members and then consulted some other doctor also. I told doctor what my fears are with respect to the procedure etc. Dr GV convinced me that it was a safe procedure and with minimal pain. I read reviews posted by others who have done this procedure. I decided to get it done for my abdomen and flanks.

And yesterday I did it. Yay !! finally...
I was discharged in the evening.
I was oozing bloody saline form the incisions yuck !!!!! :-p (this will be there normally for 2-3 days), my abdomen seems to have reduced a lot, need to wait for 6 weeks to see the correct results. they have done a dressing and made me wear a compression garment too.
today, i.e the next day of lipo I am not feeling much pain, just a small sensation at the incisions when I get up from bed and lie down. doc has given painkiller tablets, hope that works.
The hospital management were very responsive and facility is very clean and the nurses very friendly and caring. The doc is a champion in his work :-)
Waiting to complete 6 weeks to see the results, will post pictures after that.

Day 3

Oozing has reduced....Feelin some pain while getting up and lying down. doc gave me painkiller for that. .
Went for getting the dressing changed. The nurses discharged the fluid collected in the skin, gave me bath and made me wear the
compression garment.
I had swelling in pubic area and saw that skin on my lower abdominal area has wrinkled... while they dressed me in the garment they spread the skin upward and told me not to bend or sit in slouching position for a few days. This is to avoid folding of the skin and help in shrinking of the skin.
I was amazed to see my new contour specially the flanks.. abdomen needs time to set into the new shape.
Need to visit the doc after 3 days.

The Itching phase

Finally oozing has stopped completely and the pain also has stopped. feeling normal. however, I am experiencing horrible itching inside the compression garments.Doc has given avil tablet to reduce, but, it still didnot reduce itchin..

1 month after Vaser lipo... stretch marks :-(

itching has stopped. the garment is the irritating part now. My abdomen has gone down by 4 inches approx. Clothes are loose too, however my stomach has too much stretch marks, its become very ugly.. :-(
Dr Gunasekar Vuppalapati

Dr explained the procedure to me, what to expect and also was very patient and assured me it will be with very minimal pain. The only pain I felt was during the anesthetic epidural injection, as I was fat they were not able to insert the catheter at first time, then it went fine. After that I did not feel any pain, I was able to feel the cannula being inserted and taken out, but I did not feel pain. I was feeling cold and when I told this doc ensured that I was kept warm, the nurses covered my parts that was not operated in blankets and even a hot air blower was used to make me warm. While Dr GV was doing the Vaser lipo procedure, the anesthesia doc was sitting near me and asking me how I was feeling. The procedure went on for 5 hours and I was wide awake and went on talking to Dr GV and to the anesthesia doc also. Later the doc came in and observed me, and tried to remove as much fliud from the incisions and dressed the area with thick padding and instructed the nurses to make me wear the compression garments. Later in the evening the doc called me to check how i was doing. gave me intructions to take care of myself till the next visit.

Hi there, welcome and thanks so much for sharing your experience with us!

How are you feeling now it's been another few days? Is your recovery going well? Please do keep us updated with your progress.