Nineteen and No Children

Hey everyone! Im 19 years old, just under 5'8 and...

Hey everyone! Im 19 years old, just under 5'8 and around 220lbs. My entire life I have struggled with with my weight and I am at the point where I need a change! I have always been very active playing almost every sport imaginable and eating pretty well and yet remained chubby. I have always carried all of my weight in my stomach, I have had a "grandpa belly" since 18months old and never lost it! (no one else in my family is overweight)
I have considered surgery forever but I just recently expressed my concerns to my parents, who have agreed to allow me to see a PS. I have tried numerous diets, exercise regimens, therapy etc and nothing has worked, it has just spun me into a battle with depression.
My biggest concern is that I will be too heavy to be eligible for surgery. I have booked a consult on January 28, 2013 with Dr. Elizabeth Hall-Findlay who I have heard is amazing. Although I have never had children I have the same "bulge" many mothers get after having kids,stretch marks, my breasts are deflated and droopy and I am only a teenager. I am hoping for a breast lift/Augmentation and hopefully some sort of tummy treatment (since TT's are not recommended before children). I am not looking for a miracle I understand that this procedure is not a weight loss method and that the results probably wont last through a pregnancy. I have been dreaming to have a "normal" body my entire life I don't care if it needs to be fixed again! Beauty is pain, and I am more than willing to undergo this life changing experience!
If anyone has any advise or words of wisdom it would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks for reading!
* I will try to upload 360 degree pictures ASAP*

Also, I know how hard it is to upload pictures, I didn't do mine until I knew I had my surgery practically scheduled and paid for. No worries. :) might get a bit more advice if people are to see but don't do anything that makes you uncomfortable. How did your consults go?
Hiya! Tummy tucks don't necessarily get completely ruined after getting pregnant but chances are you might have more weight and a bit of extra skin depending on your pregnancy. You are right though a tt is not a weight loss solution, some of your mid section will receive lipo but the main goal of a tt is to repair muscle damage and tighten the abdomen and remove excess skin. If you are worried about you're tummy you should look into plain liposuction along with your ba.
As you can see i no longer post on this review as my tt has been held off. i have a bl/ba review explaining that procedure. Because they tighten your muscles and remove skin my ps said it would almost completely undo if I got it before kids. And I know what I Tt is.... Hence why I posted here. I'm not interested in the lipo I want the skin/stretch marks removed too.
You seem upset.. Just trying to help.. Hence the smiley face. Hope things go well for you. Good luck.
Not upset in the least! Just explaining I actually know what is invloved in the procedures I want, and have reasons for choosing a tt over lipo. No one knows our bodies like ourselves and what would be most beneficial! Sorry if I came off upset, it can be difficult when people judge your decisions without knowing you or your body!
I completely get it, okay well maybe not completely because I'm not you with your body but I umderstand. It's a hard thing, not loving your own body. Again, good luck.
Hey!! I too am going to see Dr. Hall Findlay in the beginning of February! I'll keep my eye on your post and I'll let you know when I post mine. We can maybe help each other through the process!
Hey! That would be great! I'll make sure to update you after my consultation! What are you hoping to get done?
I'm getting a tummy tuck and lift with possible implants (and maybe a small reduction, I know sounds confusing). My appointment got changed so now I'm going in on January 14. So I'll update you when I get mine!
Oh okay, so similar to me! Oh my well I am jealous! Good luck, I look forward to hearing about how it goes!
My sister spent her first 25 years way overweight (much more than you look). She was 5' and peaked at 260. She did gastric bypass about 5 years ago and is now 115. She has tons of loose skin and is looking at doing a body lift. The reason I'm bringing this up is she went through a huge transformation, as have most of the ladies on this site. Some are weight loss, some pregnancy, but in all cases I've seen the surgery is the result of the change, not the change itself. It sounds to me that you still have a transformation to make. You want to lose weight, and given your ago, you may well have pregnancy in your future. I think if you wait until you have gone through e changes you have yet to go through, you will be happier with the results. My sister wouldn't look nearly so good as an end state, after her surgery if she had done it before her weight loss. I think you will get your best results if you do this at the end of your transformation, not the beginning.
Unfortunately for me I am not heavy enough to be eligible for GB, I would love such an easy/successful way to loose weight! I have been trying to transform myself for years with no luck and unless you are in my body you wouldn't understand. Obviously I wish I could have been able to loose the weight myself and then done some reshaping! I am not hoping to be 115lbs I love my curves, I just dont want my tummy and I dont think its wrong to ask for help. Your opinion to me seems to be one of someone who has never struggled with weight, if you had you would probably understand the emotional toll it has on your life and perhaps would better understand my reasoning for doing it now. I am not saying your opinion is wrong in any means, and really appreciate your advise but as you can see I am choosing my transformation now even if maybe the results wont be optimal, they will be an improvement to me! This IS my transformation, and I have gone through change my change just happens to be weight gain instead of pregnancy or weight loss! Thanks for your input! :)
I think you would be a good candidate for lipo. Your skin tone looks great. Just a little thick but girl I don't think you should trade your body for the big scar of a tummy tuck. I'm sure you do have rolls when you sit but you look like your body would shrink up well and respond great to lipo, if you jut can't lose the weight on your own. Your should seek several opinions with PS's before having surgery.
Thanks for the advise! It is certainly something I am considering and I hope my PS will be able to direct me to the best option. My only concern with lipo would be that it wouldn't be a noticeable enough difference...I don't want to pay a lot of money to look like I have just lost a few pounds! Plus I would still have all of my horrid stretch marks :( But I am definitely still considering the idea! Your TT looks amazing btw! Such an amazing body after 3 kids I am truly jealous! I would trade a massive scar for a flat belly any day!
Thank you for the compliment!! I am happy with my results. Currently swelling a lot today but that is normal for being 6 weeks post op and today I was on my feet all day. Anyway, you could also get lipo and then if you don't like it then get a TT. Many PS's can perform lipo under local anesthesia, which would lower the cost and the risks for you too. You see how much flabby skin I had though. Ahhh! Haha. Good luck with your consults. Also, maybe you have tried it but I lost all of my pregnancy weight by doing weight watchers. I still follow their plan to maintain my goal weight. It's a really healthy weight loss program and realistic to follow.
The flabby skin must have been a pain to deal with, especially knowing you had such a tiny body under there! I agree with your decision getting it done while you and your kids are young, you will bounce back in no time and it looks like it has been completely worth it! I have tried weight watchers and for me it was hard to stick to, since it is a slow progress it got very discouraging, and counting points got tedious (im a nursing student in university so I am always on the run) All the diets I have attempted gave great results but I always ended up putting the weight back on or even more, I might try WW over the holidays since I have time to put the effort in! Thanks !
Thanks, yes I knew my tiny body was hiding under my flab. Okay a few tips for WW and weight loss in general. 1) Be committed. Give a time period- 1 month min. Follow it to the letter for one month at least. See what happens. I'm not sure how long ago you tried it but the system was redesigned in 2009 or 2010. I have lost weight on the old system and the new system, but the new one is easier to follow. Fruit and vegetables are zero points. Good snacks- baby carrots, low-fat yogurt, cheese stick, grapes. Listen- actually you should spend the money and join it for 3 months, go to meetings for support. ;-) It works!!!! Also, spend your money and join a gym and buy a package of 12 sessions with a personal trainer. Meet with him/her once a week. And go to the gym on your own at least 3 other days a week. Girl, you have soooo got this!!! I gained 15 lbs my freshman year in college from too much junk food- late night eating, tailgating on weekends at football games, stress, boredom, etc. I finally got my act together senior year and I started WW and walking/light jogging. I lost the weight I kept it off for years. Then I had 3 kids. I gained and lost 50 lbs with each pregnancy. My skin was never going away. :-/ I had no choice but to get a TT. I'm not saying you can't get a TT but I think you should honestly exhaust your efforts to the fullest before having plastic surgery. I know you don't want to hear this but this is the truth- all of the lipo and TT's will not change bad habits and if you don't have good eating habits established you will gain the weight back. I know you feel it's going to take too long and it's hard to stay motivated when the weight is coming off 1-2 lbs a week but it's the right way. Your very young and if you were my younger sister I would be saying lets go to the gym and eat a salad for dinner with grilled chicken every day. XOXO
Thanks for the tips! I will definitely try them! I actually work out every morning at 6am before school! I worked with elite school sports teams which meant I saw a personal trainer 3 times a week! Which is basically how I became 220 lbs sounds crazy I know! I used to be 190 and gained 20lbs of muscle! I have since put on about 10lbs but still this is my problem I do work out! I tend to eat well the majority of the time but then occasionally binge like a crazy woman especially during exams! I don't plan on booking any surgery until the end of summer which means I have 8 months to get my but into gear. I only want some sort of tummy treatment because even when I do loose weight my belly stays! I loose leg, arm, face, and love handle fat, but my belly still sticks out! I did the Dr. Bernstein diet this summer and lost 20lbs in 3 weeks, but only an inch off of my belly :( I am determined to try and loose weight so I can be in great shape for my surgery but realistically I know my stomach wont change! Thanks for all the encouraging words and advise I REALLY appreciate it!!
Wow! Well you deserve to have a flat tummy just as much as anyone else does. I hope you find an excellent PS if you get lipo or a tummy tuck. Best of luck to you!!
From the 18yr old photo you show, you really don't look bad to me at all. You're curvy and shapely for sure but you skin is beautiful and smooth and not apparently saggy at all. The fact that you can actually wear a bikini at all, testifies to the fact that your body is pretty good. I hope you take this as a genuine compliment as I'd definitely think carefully about doing anything dramatic so young. Are you planning to breast feed your children? if so be cautious with any breast procedures. I am currently breast feeding and yes it has ruined my boobs but it is also a wonderful experience that I wouldn't trade for anything. You know I am also the same weight and height as you and have terrible trouble losing weight due to hypothyroidism, I ended up doing the hcg diet a few years ago because I desperately wanted to get pregnant again and it really really worked for me when nothing else did. I lost 38lbs in 8wks and kept it off until I was in mid pregnancy and kind of fall off the wagon in terms of my eating. I will need to do it again to lose weight before my MM. But I am 41yrs and have had a 11lb and 10lb babies, breast fed for 3 years so far also. So I look very different from you. my tummy is truly saggy! I guess all I really wanted to say was I actually thought you looked rather lovely in your pic and not really like you need any procedures. But I am not you living in your body, so I am not trying to impose my ideas on you. Just that you really look quite lovely to me and I suspect plenty of men would think you looked lovely too :)
Thank you so much for your complements! I agree from the front it doesn't look too bad, from the side however my belly actually hangs down and is full of unsightly stretch marks, I am assuming from constant weight gain and loss (which is something I cannot remove through diet and exercise). I agree I do not have it as bad as many others but I am comparing myself to the majority of people my age. I actually only wear a bikini because my torso is too long to fit into onepieces, I dread summer/vacations every year! I do 100% plan on breast feeding my future children if I am able. I have been doing research for years so I am well aware of the risks, which is why I have sought out an expensive PS with an amazing reputation. I would love to be able to wait until I have finished having children, but for selfish reasons my reality is I am too uncomfortable with my body to wait. If after kids im all stretched out again I wont be bothered, but I would love to put myself first while I can and take this opportunity to better my quality of life. I am not doing this for men, or anyone else for that matter, I am doing this to finally be comfortable in my skin!
Yes, regardless of your age I totally understand wanting to feel confident in your body. So go for it, you sound like you are researching it carefully and not rushing in to anything. I hope it didn't sound like I was suggesting you were doing it for men. I can see that is not your motivation. I just said that because men would find you attractive even as you are. But we women always hold ourselves to much higher standards, don't we. I am exactly the same :) Best of luck :)

Ah, but you still have beautiful, young skin. :) Thank you for starting your story on RealSelf. I hope we can be a great resource and support for you as you go through this transformation.

Different doctors have different thresholds on when and at what weight they'll consider surgery, so you might go on several consults to learn about different approaches before you commit to one thing.

Please keep us posted!