Upper Lip Lift - Baltimore, MD

This procedure has giving me back my open youthful...

This procedure has giving me back my open youthful smile which I used to have. This is so worth it!!!! I would advise to do thorough research before choosing a provider as without the right expertise the outcome may be poor. The procedure itself is short, and recovery thus far seems to be fast. I am one week post op and most of the swelling has disappeared, I had very little bruising, only required a day with analgesics and for only being seven days post op the incision is barely noticeable.

Upper lip lift before and after

Hello All,

Some of you have asked me for "before" picture. I actually came across one that I had kept before the surgery. I thought I had deleted them all. Anyway please find attached the before and after pictures. I know they are not same dimension but you can certainly appreciate the reduction effects on the distance between the base of nose and upper lip. Perfect!!! Thanks to Dr Rodriguez!
Baltimore Plastic Surgeon

I spend so much time doing research on upper lip lift before I took the decision. I somehow came across this procedure in Google. I do not recall what research question I typed but got upper lip lift. I noticed a video from Dr Rodriguez which explained the procedure. Then I looked at his website, read all reviews and felt quite comfortable. Even then to be sure, I consulted four different plastic surgeons in my area. I did not find that they inspired much confidence and expertise with this procedure was not convincing. My face is important so I was not willing to compromise on this and therefore decided to pay extra but go for the best> I paid international airfare, hotel and transportation because I felt Dr Rodriguez was knowledgeable and very transparent in all his blogs, website and face to face consultation. He does have videos in you-Tube and blogs explaining how and why certain techniques need to be followed for this procedure; details which I could not get from other plastic surgeons. All the extra expenses were certainly worth it. Yes, the procedure sooooo worth it; just ensure it does get done by an expert provider such as Dr Rodriguez.

Hi, you look great! I don't see the before pic though. Can you post again?
how is ur scar now ?? i wish everything is fine with u i was planning to do lip lift this month but something happend and i deley everything:(
in united arab emirates we dont have any doctor do this surgery :( i need to do it as soon as possible :(
Thanks so much for posting! Your results look great! Glad to hear you healed so quickly, that was my main concern... '
thanks so much for posting the detailed pictures. It looks great. Did you have any change in the shape of your nose after the surgery?
Hello, No I did not. Initially with all the swelling my nose appeared to be different but it was the swelling making it look different. Now eihgt weeks post op my nose is exactly how it has always been. There is only an incision under the nose but the nasal structures do not get displaced or touched at all during surgery. So do not worry. Good luck, J
Thanks for the response. As you continue to heal it would be so helpful to see an after picture from the same distance as the before you have posted. The closeup pictures show the scar so perfectly (and you have a great result it seems...such a small thin line), but they can distort the shape of the lips because its so wide angle. If you have time I'd love to see a more pulled back image like in the before picture. I am considering this procedure...my distance is 2cm between nose + lip but when I smile my upper lip lifts very high and I have larger teeth. I wonder if that would complicate things...thanks again for posting. It really helps us who are considering this surgery.
Wow! Excellent result! I have the exact same upper lip distance you had (20 mm) and I'm amazed Dr. R was able to take you to 11 mm and still have it look so natural. Very happy for you :)
wow! perfect! lucky you, good spent money :) your lips look super!
You look incredible! Perfect amount of space now between your nose and upper lip, and the scar is healing really well. Great result -- congrats!
Would love to see a new photo to see how you're healing!
You look great. Thank you for sharing. Here is an article that Dr. Rodriguez wrote about how destructive it can be to operate on the muscle with a liplift. http://www.cosmeticsurg.net/blog/2013/01/22/lip-lift-technique-lifting-skin-only-vs-muscle/
Hello Icecapadesqueen and angiemcc. Unfortunately i did not take a before photo but my lip was just a straight heavy line covering all my teeth. Dr Rodriguez does not touch the muscle at all as he believes this can be destructive to your mouth movement. He only excises skin. You may also check out his blogs at cosmeticsurg.com. The distance between nasal base and upper lip was long 20mm. Dr Rodriguez took off 9 mm and this gave me a distance of 11mm which has giving me back the youthful look. I now show 2-3mm of teeth when i talk and when i smile it is an open smile. I am now 10 days post op and my incison is less and less noticeable and all those around me are telling me how good i look. I am sorry i am trying to,post another photo but i do not know how to attach.

Love all the info about mms. Thank you! You should be able to go into your review, click update and a photo field should show up where you can browse your computer/iphone/tablet for pics. What sort of device are you using? If you're still having trouble, please PM me.

Congratulations, so happy for you! Nice tooth show. I hope that you will post again as you heal. Thanks for sharing.

It looks good! Thank you for sharing. I agree with IceCapades that a before photo would rock.

So far, you look wonderful! 3 questions: 1) Do you have any before pictures so we can see the difference? 2) Did Dr. Rodriquez do anything to the muscle, or was it a skin-only lift? 3) How much skin was removed? Congratulations!!