After 2 Months I'm HAPPY with my Results! - Baltimore, MD

It's been 2 months today and I couldn;t be...

It's been 2 months today and I couldn;t be happier. I went through an emotional rollacoaster with the whole process. The surgery itself went well, It was the healing process that depressed me. (YOU ALL HAVE TO PREPARE YOURSELF MENTALLY) 4 weeks post op my doctor found a hole on my incision. It was nightmare!! I developed a hole becuase my body rejected aa stitch that was suppose to dissolve. We packed it and I babied my scar and I still do till this day. Everything from vitamin E, scar creams, bandages, etc. The hole is closed and I'm preparing myself to go in for scar revision. Not so happy with it but why not I've gone thus far. I'm really happy with the results and I can't wait to go back to the gym and show off my sexy new stomach. I have two babies; 5 and 3 and I needed it. I'm ONLY 29 years old and Icouldn't live with what my kids did to me. My stomach wasn't so bad but they left me with strech marks and I weird looking belly button. I did have hernia and my surgeon removed it as well. You will need help and a great support system if you decide to get a TT. Make sure you are comfortable with your doctor and you have a good relationship it makes the process easier. Really research your doctor and the procedure. It is a major surgey. good luck to you guys. xo

Having great reviews is a plus but MOST IMPORTANTLY you must trust your doctor and be comfortable. I can't exaggerate enough. My surgeon was so caring and the staff genuinely cared.

Glad you're all healed up and doing great! You look fabulous!!!
You look great!
Wow you look great! Congrats! :) Keep us posted!
u look great i love ur belly button did u do something special to it i still have the stitches but are they supposed to dissolve on their own how long does it take im 4wpo and theyre bugging me already i wann pull on them..lol
Hey guys! I will upload pictures soon.

My stomach is getting flatter and flatter. I've been swollen for about 2 months now and still am but everyday looks better and better. I do have a little dent for my hole but scar revision should correct it.

Every morning I take vitamins and I use vitamin e oil and Mederma scar gel for my scar. The doctor told me the car is a long healing process. I'm Asian decent so the scar maybe darker. Taken from my scars on my body from falling as a child and accidentally cuts and brushing growing up. I scar pretty well. My main concern was the scarring before I got the surgery. Took me a 2 years before I made my final section to go forward with he surgery. I can't be happier.

Before my surgery, I went on a diet and lost about 5-6 pounds and took vitamins for my skin. I swear by Biotin. A couple days before surgery i went out and bought my silicone gel, scar creams, bandages, vitamin e oil and grocery shopping. First couple weeks all I ate lots of salads and soups. (nausea from the surgery)

I think you just have to mentally prepare yourself and have a good support at home is important. Remember you any do this surgery alone.
I am so happy to hear you are pleased with your results!
I just scheduled my TT and lipo for the last week in June. I am 61 and am nervous about the recovery.
What things have people done ahead of time to "get ready"?

Welcome to RealSelf and thank you for sharing your journey with us.   You hit on all of the very important points about this process and this is excellent information to pass along to others.

Sorry you had problems withe the incision opening.  But it sounds like that is getting better now.  This is a long healing process and one needs plenty of patience.  I would love it if you would also keep us up to date on the scar revision process.  This is a hot topic for so many.

Keep us up to date on everything and do consider posting your before an after pictures.  We would love to see them.  Show off that sexy new tummy!