Tear Trough Injections Via Microcannulae Using Restylane -Baltimore, MD

I've had hollows under my eyes my entire life as...

I've had hollows under my eyes my entire life as it runs in my family. I did alot of research on filler injections and found that results vary depending upon the injector. I went with a plastic surgeon who specializes in facial fillers and so far I think I made an excellent choice! I was so happy when she said she wanted to use the cannula as I've read the risk for bruising and swelling is less than traditional injections.

I just had my injections done yesterday. I was injected with a local anesthetic on my cheeks where the cannula was inserted. I had 1/2 a syringe put in EACH eye for now but my doctor believes I will need to come back for more. After seeing some of the "after" photos on here, I was really nervous I would end up with water bags under my eyes so I wanted to take a more conservative approach. I would rather under correct than over correct.

Immediately after the injections I only noticed a slight difference. Within 3-4 hours I could feel my tear troughs filling up and "hardening". I could feel the filler "expanding" which lead me to believe my results are not simply from inflammation but rather the filler itself. The results look amazing! My face hurts every time I smile, make dramatic facial expressions, bend over, and also hurts to the touch. I used ice immediately 10 mins on, 10 mins off, and slept with arnica gel. I also slept on my back with two pillows as suggested.

1 day post injection: The filler itself isn't expanding anymore than it had last night which is good! I'm definitely more swollen but it's not so bad that I can't go out or anything. The pain has significantly subsided. I think there's some slight bruising but I'm not sure if this is just the color of my skin or the tyndall effect that's supposedly common with Restylane. It's more of a gray/purplish/brown color.

I'm really happy with my results so far! I'm hoping that once the swelling resolves I will still notice a difference. If not, I can always go back for more filler! I'll continue to update you guys on how the healing process goes! :)

Pictures!

Second day post injection

2 day post injection: the swelling has gone down DRAMATICALLY! I slept with arnica gel so I wonder if that helped. The bruising is much more apparent but easy to hide with concealer. It's more maroon in color today. I still can't decide if I may need more filler but we will see! The pain has pretty much entirely resolved unless I really strain my face (which I don't wanna do). I'm hoping it doesn't go down anymore or else the lines will probably be visible again. But like the doc said.. I will likely need more than one syringe of filler.

Second day post injection

Fourth day post injection

Still loving my results! I went out yesterday and I feel like I received so many more compliments than usual (don't mean to sound conceited at all). No one can tell that anything is different but I heard many times that I look beautiful and that I'm glowing. I wore concealer and mascara. Wearing it and using makeup remover didn't irritate me at all.

More filler added

So it's been 12 days and now that all the swelling is bruising is gone, I decided to get another cc of restylane put in. Looking good so far! Will post pics soon!

After second round of injections - day 5

After this round of injections I experienced some swelling and a little more bruising (still not that bad tho). The swelling kind of created a line where there was a buldge but that cleared up by the third day. Today is the fifth day! Here's a pic! So happy with my results!
Dr. Theda Kontis

Dr. Kontis was very personable and friendly. She made me feel very calm and confident that I was in good hands.

Hi, it looks really good. Question: How much was it per injection? Might be a stupid question since I could easily split $1,050 and calculate it myself, but hey, it doesn't hurt to ask!
Thank you MObrien! As I have started also my own research, could you please show photos how it looks today? Have your eyes returned back to normal before the injections? Have done additional injections in the meanwhile?
Good post.
I swelled really bad, but overall I love restylane. I'm 35 though going on 36, I don't see your age but like you this runs in my family. I have it bad too, eye hollows, bags ECT....mine make me look so old I get called ma'm aka 45 instead of 35. Also like you I normally need two rounds of restylane. You look great though and my dr does the same technique as yours. In oct/nov though I'm getting a blemoplasty to fix this once and for all. My doc is an ENT and facial reconstruction specialist in addition to plastic surgeon and I don't want to keep paying $1000 every six months for 2 treatments of restylane just to look my age lol. I would have never decided to go this route if I was in my 20's that's why I ask your age. I would have stuck to fillers until I hit my 30's cause that's when the hollowing and bags went on overdrive! You look beautiful and I understand how u feel about finally having the circles gone. I finally for the first time could answer the door with no makeup! :D
You look great! Thank you for sharing! Do you mind if I ask how long your results will last before you need more filler?
You look great! I'm do jealous I need to find a great doc in the UK!
Looks fantastic! I may have to do that sometime. You look great.
Wow you look so beautiful.
Aww thanks! :)
Just did my consult with Dr. Kontis today. Thanks for your post!
Awesome! She's great.. Lemme know how it goes for u!
You look so much happier! Congrats. I live filler, now I'm thinking I should fill my troughs...
I have been interested in this procedure for a while but I am concerned about bruising. I am glad your happy with your results. Btw you didn't get a lot of bruises. Thanks for sharing.
You're right! The bruising is nothing compared to some other photos I've seen. If you can, try and find a doctor that is comfortable with the cannula procedure!
I should. Thanks.
Thanks for sharing!  You were so smart to go to a doctor that specializes in eye injections, and to go conservative.  Definitely keep us posted on your healing, and if you go back to get a little more.  Sounds like this was your first time getting tear trough injections?
Yes this is my first time! I'm really happy I sucked up the courage and went with it despite the negative reviews I've read.
Am so glad it all went well for you. Please can you recommend me who you saw as I am also interested in getting this done. Thanks.
I saw Dr. Theda Kontis in the Baltimore area. I highly recommend her!