Smart Lipo for Upper and Lower Abs - Baltimore, MD

I decided to get smart lipo on my upper &...

I decided to get smart lipo on my upper & lower abs. My procedure was done on 01/22/13 and took approximately 2 hours. My doctor was Dr. Ashruf located in Glenburnie, Maryland. I was extremely nervous & Dr. Ashruf gave me my prescriptions prior to my surgery. I was given a Valium, antibiotics, and percocets. The day of my surgery I was extremely nervous so I was told to take the Valium & antibiotic.

After the doctor numb my stomach he then filled my tummy with fluid which was a little painful and uncomfortable. He then used the laser to cut out the fat which was not painful at all. Then another laser was used to tighten and suck out the fat. This was not painful. When I was done I felt no pain my tummy just was hard and swollen & the doctor & his assistant put me in a girdle. Before I left I took a Percocet. Once I got home & went to the restroom I was not prepared.

Although the Doctor told me that I would leak I didn't kno that it would be so much. I unsnapped the girdle and fluid shot out from 3 or 4 different holes. What a mess. About 2 hours later I got extremely sore so I took pain meds. At night time I prefer to take Tylenol pm because it takes away the pain and it knocks me out. The leaking lasted less then 24 hrs. Today is my 3rd day after surgery & I can already tell that I am going to be happy with the results. Although I am still swollen and sore I can tell that my pouch is gone & I have had this pouch for 15 years now which was when my daughter was born. I am anxious to see the final results. I can not say for sure if I recommend it yet. I will let you know in a few weeks.

Baltimore Plastic Surgeon

I thought the customer service was great & dr. Ashruf made me feel really comfortable.

Any pics? Thank you
Do you have any before and after pics I'm going to dr ashruf tuesday

Hi there, welcome and thanks so much for sharing your experience with us.

How are you feeling now it's been another few days since surgery? I hope your recovery is going well! Please do keep us updated with your progress.

Tomorrow will be a whole week and my recovery is going pretty good. I am still a little sore and swollen but everyday I feel a little better. My tummy is looking quite nice I will download some before and after photo's.

Glad you're feeling okay and getting better! I'd love to see your before/after pics... they say a picture's worth a thousand words! ;-)