Finally decided to go for a consult!

I had my primary consult w Dr Thomas Le in...

I had my primary consult w Dr Thomas Le in Baltimore! Went really good. He is the type of doctor that asks you what you want not what he thinks will look good, very methodical, in asking you questions about what kind of results your looking for, will not promise to give you a nose that is unrealistic,he wants to make sure you are very realistic w you're expectations, I think if someone went to him saying they want Halle Berrys nose for instance he would turn them away! Anyway I left his office very excited w the goal of still looking like myself, just a better version,! (Smaller bridge, and less bulbous tip)!
dang i must have made another account but it is me carolg
hi guys sorry it took so long to get back! i had to cancel my surgery date in july but after 8 months have re-scheduled for april 21st ! having another mini consult with dr Le soon! i will keep everyone updated
i will be watching this thread like a hawk :D

can't believe surgery is done!

so i had my surgery with Dr Le ! the surgery itself took 7 hours The first night was pretty rough, i did not sleep at all didn't know if it was because of the pain medication or not, the next morning had to wash my hair and face i had iodine sprayed all over it i have curly hair so i guess it was being unruly! but it felt like i had a hard crust all over it, anyway the pain was not to bad just uncomfortable feeling like a very bad cold! i have very little bruising and swelling ( a testament to how talented this doctor is 7 hours of surgery w no bruising ) the only thing is a little seeping of mucous and blood has crusted around my nostrils, it is the second day and not much pain nose is throbbing a little and i have braces so the tube must have rubbed on my lip and tongue so now i have blisters on both ugh! can't tell at all what my nose looks like i have a hard cast on top so cannot tell anything! i will try and put pics up, i know how i like to look at before and afters!
oh my goodness pleeeeeeeease keep us updated. I have you on automatic update, every time u update it pops in my inbox so please come back when you are feeling up to it and congratulations on the surgery
thank you for the pictures you weren't kidding when u said no bruising, way to go Le
wow, 7 hours for a primary>!>!>!>

4 days post !

so today is sunday! just woke up sleeping really good! except that my husband came to bed last night and yelled because i was sleeping on my side! i guess i was naturally want to roll on my side, i have very little swelling, under my eyes just a little yellow! i blisters on my lip and tongue are the only thing bothering me! i showered again last night no hair washing but not very hard, we have the handle that u can hold so the water is not spraying all over you! i think I'm gonna shower and wash my hair tonight ill just put a towel over my face when ringing my hair! i have to say i stopped taking the pain pills yesterday on a regular basis i think i may have taken a 1/2 in morning and 1/2 at night! i go home today i have been at my in laws and my husband and kids have been home so tomorrow i go back to our regular schedule! i will drive kids to school but will not go in not with this big cast on! i find it interesting how each doctor dresses every nose differently, i have a tiny piece of tape under the columella, then just this hard splint over the while nose, at t least its flesh colored now I'm starting to itch all over my nose so thats a good sign, very little seepage, just sounds like i have a cold, i just want to blow my nose and itch it all over, i wonder when you can blow your nose?i tried to upload some pics but it didn't go through, ill ask my husband to help when he gets home later
yes! 7 hours of surgery! Dr Le is very meticulous, i think that is his average, i have very little swelling and no bruising for being worked on for 7 hours, he also does not put packing in your nose, he said it is not necessary i will put a pic of my post nose very little bandages on except for a hardish cast/splint!
That seems so excessive for a primary rhino. I think the avg. time for a primary is 1-2 hours.. What exactly was he doing in there? LOL.
That's just how Dr Le works. I'd rather have a long surgery than a surgeon who rushes through anyway and has five other rhinos booked on the same day like other doctors on this site.

day 2 post op

you know i would rather him take his time and make sure its perfect than rush through it! I'm the type that has to believe that a doctor like Dr Le would not risk a patients life keeping them under unnecessarily, he does not charge by the hour so i can't imagine this a negative thing a nurse told me at the surgical center that when he first started using that center they were (nurses) surprised that he would take that long for a nose! so thats why i think thats his norm! some of his re visions have taken 12-15 hours ! so anyway when and where did u have your's done?
I had mine done in LA with Grigoryants (not sure if you were asking me or chipdipjones).
OMG, 15 hours for a revision rhino!?!?!?! That's enough time to do complicated brain/heart surgery. I wasn't suggesting that there is anything wrong with your nose (more so than anyone else-- sorry if that was your impression!).

Day 5!

so I'm not sure I have never had a nose job before really don't know anyone who has, so Im wondering, why, does 7 hours seem like a extra long surgery time? i have very thick skin so he fixed my deviated septum, he put a implant on the bridge, shaved down the nasal bone , debulked the tip not easy that sucker was big! oh and also he said my tip cartilage was twisted? WT... I'm so embarrassed anyway feeling really good! no pain just some stuffiness! i just want to blow and scratch so bad! i do have a lot of crust under my stitches like a lot how is that gonna come off? I'm afraid to get stitches out can't imagine it will feel good! ugh anyway i go back wednesday afternoon to get stitches out! i hope i can take a good enough pic to post i don't like myself in pics so its hard to post them!
Congrats! The no bruising is impressive! Le comes with an acclaimed reputation but it's hard to find patients of his, so I'm excited to see your progress!
I had a closed rhino, so cannot speak re: the stitch removal, but the "crust" between and under your nostrils is easily removed with tweezers-- it felt so good to get it off! I figured it would be painful/difficult to remove, but I guess as it hardens, it's easier to take off?
you mean u had no stitches at all? lucky girl! ugh, i can feel mine pull when i clean my nose

cast came off!

i had my post op appointment on wednsday ! stitches were not so bad coming-out i did have a few rupture, he did leave a few in and will remove next week! he took the cast off cleaned me up a little then i noticed he was rubbing and rubbing top of my nose? ugh the ink (pre surgery marks) will not come off in one place so now i have a blue dot on the bridge of my nose i have been scrubbing washing will not come off! so anyway my nose i think I'm a little in shock, at first i started crying i no longer have that big fat tip on my nose, it has taken awhile for me to even want to look in the mirror, I am very swollen, he wants me to start a steroid pack for swelling? but still i love it! i can see how it will look once the swelling goes down! its a strange feeling! I'm not ready to put any pics up! i hope the blue comes off i have a wedding saturday
Don't rub the nose too hard! I too would echo rubbing alcohol on a q-tip. Glad that you had an easy stitch removal.
Glad you got to see your nose and are happy with it! Can't wait for pics :)
Maybe rubbing alcohol may remove ink but I would check with doctor first. Oh yeah becareful you don't get on any open skin. Ouch! I hooe you look and feel beautiful for the wedding. Have fun!:)

ink not coming off!

oh my gosh! you guys, I'm not even joking, I've tried alcohol (as did Dr Le, the other marks came off) hair dye remover, finger nail polish remover, steamed my face with hot water, used a soft loofa , have washed my face twice a day for two days, and that dot is still there! it has faded but come on, like i said i have thick skin and it was completely covered by the cast ??? idk just making up excuses i guess! anyway ill start my steroids tomorrow! i hope it helps with the swelling! how long will the tip be numb? also he left a couple of stitches in until next weeks now that my nose is clean u can see them hanging a little bit and i still have a little bit of clear crust in left corner! ugh and i have a wedding tomorrow, i think i might go get my hair straightened , it might distract from the whole blue dot, blue stitches, clear crust, swollen nose thing!!
I have heard of a few people taking steroids after rhinoplasty. I think it's usually for thick skin. I did ask about it, but my PS doesn't use them, instead doing the injections at 4 weeks. However, it is a viable option and used on thick skin patients. I wouldn't have minded if it helped the swelling!
Carole, I hope you aren't dissuaded to continue sharing your healing with us and I'm sorry your thread sort of got hijacked! This space is designed to be to be a caring community for us to learn from and nurture each other. So I hope you know we're here to support ya! Wishing you happy healing :)
thank you! your very sweet! yeah I'm not commenting on anything negative! which unfortunately seems to be the same people

3 weeks post op!

so i went for my 2 week post op last Wednesday, I have to say Dr Le was really happy with his work, he said swelling went down a lot but still have a ways to go, i was happy to hear that my nose would get smaller and smaller as time goes by! he took out the rest of my stitches the scars look great, my nostrils look really good the right side is a little bit smaller but they r the exact same shape which is a miracle because i did not start off with symmetrical nostrils, he said he spent a lot of time working on them as well as the sutures where he took my nostrils in! like a lot of people on here, I'm liking my nose more and more every day! today i was really swollen and puffy under my eyes so who knows what tomorrow will bring! Dr Le explained to me about the swelling he said its like a shirt thats been hanging on a hanger to long, when u take the shirt off it still has the hanger marks! he changed(made smaller) the structure of my nose but the skin is still the same size so it may take up to 14-16 months for my skin to completely contract around the new structure of my nose!!the reason for me having to take the steroids Dr Le explained was that if I'm really swollen the greater chance scar tissue will form so he wanted to decrease some of the swelling while only temporary I'm sure it helps! while i completely understand I'm like come on! when i say I'm swollen no one can tell except for me i think thats true for a lot of people , u are most critical of yourself!
HERP DERP POST PICTURESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
UPPPPPPPPPPPDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE stop being selfish and post your new pictures
Please update!!!