Nose Keeps Changing - Baltimore, MD

I always hated my nose as it grew bigger as i got...

i always hated my nose as it grew bigger as i got older. i come from a family of really ugly and wide noses, and i hated it. I had rhinoplasty, and when the splint came off, it was gorgeous, but it keeps changing everyday and it looks like my old nose somedays. However, i did tell my PS i wanted a subtle change,a nd that's exactly what i got, but nosw i feel like i want a drastic change (cosmetic surgery is addictive.lol) i hope the nose keeps shrinking. I had septal cartilage to augment my bridge, and that's all i know. I'm thinking of getting a revision in the future, but i'll watch my nose for another 2 years, and i'll make my final decision.

steroid shotd

so i had steroid shots in february (8 months post op) because i didn't like my tip. my nose was too swollen and much bigger for about 5 days, and i looked horrible. i didn't notice much of a difference after the steroid shot. my tip still looks really wide and i'm considering a revision at or before my 2 year mark, where i will have an open rhinoplasty (my primary rhinoplasty was closed) so my surgeon can see my tip cartilages and do something about them. my nose looks a lot better than my original nose so i'm not too bothered but i want a better nose and i'm willing to take a chance.
dr kofi boahene

amazing doctor who gives subtle rhinoplasty. one of the best doctors for african american noses.

Can you post before and after pictures of your nose? You can crop your face out of the picture so that it only shows your nose.
Hi Bellenez, The title of your post and story reminds me of my rhinoplasty struggles. I have had my nose fixed 3x all by the same surgeon which was a mistake on my part. I should have gone to someone else and maybe they would have got it right the first time and I wouldnt have had this problem. He does have good reviews but he also has quite a few negative ones as I have just found out. My nose isnt horrible but it def could have looked better. I too liked my nose after surgery but shortly after it changed. The tip started drooping and it looked bulbous. It reminded me of my old nose and it def didnt look like I had a nose job. More like I needed one so that wasnt good. He did take a bump off the bridge so I was happy with that but the overall shape of it changed somehow. He doesnt give me any answers either. Please check out my post on here. I also have pictures posted too. It sounds like your having similar issues in that its changing in appearance. If your still unhappy after the one year mark I would go back and tell the surgeon. Maybe he can help you. If not you might want to find another PS. Good luck!
i can totally relate to this. my nose looked really good when the cast came off but now the tip is almost as wide as before. it's a very subtle change from the front but my profile looks different. i'm african american and my tip is wide and bulbous and i was scared of looking like michael jackson so i told my surgeon to make it subtle but i might probably go back for a revision. my surgeon is really good at subtle nose changes so you don't have to worry about any nasal deformities, he is a good doctor.
I've heard that it can really take up to two years to see the final effect! Hope all goes well for you, whether you decide to have a revision or not.
thanks
You're smart to wait at least two years as the nose will continue to change and shrink. I've even read reviews that said it continued to change up to 3 years. Thank you for sharing your experience with us.
thanks
did you go to Thomas Le?
no. i went to dr boahene
I am sorry you'r not happy with your result. May I ask who was your surgeon?
sorry for the terribly late reply. i lost my password on my account. my doctor was dr. boahene. i am happy with the result but now i see my nose, i want more. plastic surgery makes you want to look your best, it's addictive.
Hi. I had a revision with Dr. Boahene last month. So far my nose looks much better than before especially the tip and the width. But still it's swollen as I'm only 3 weeks post and I hope it will look better. I have a follow up next month and he told me when I had my cast off that I'll get steroid shots. He's very conservative unless you ask him to do more. I also wish I asked for the bridge to be lowered!!
Thank you for sharing on RealSelf! We'd love to see your pictures if you'd feel comfortable putting some up. :) It'd be great to visualize what you're describing.

I hope that when your nose settles you're happy with it! Did you have any low points during recovery?
luckily i didn't have any low points during recovery, except that i was allergic to the antibiotic which gave me hives