Fat Transfer to Eye Hollows (And Rhinoplasty) - African American - Baltimore, MD

I'm having a rhinoplasty done and at the same time...

I'm having a rhinoplasty done and at the same time transfering fat to under my eyes. They have always been sunken in and dark. Dr Boahene explained that I have no fat in this area and he can fix this along with my nose job. I've read that if not done properly that it can be hard to the touch. I've had restalyne injections under my eyes and that was done too superficially and did not last. I have a 2nd consult just to make sure on Novnber 13. Stay tuned.

2nd consultation

I had my second consultation today and although I'm sure you all won't agree, I'm doing the fat grafting. My Dr. showed me pictures and answered all of my questions regarding the hardening and bulging (he says that happens when you put too much in a glob in one spot and not deep enough) the unpredictability (he can't guarantee that the fat will stay at the same % but thinks we can take care of that if we need to cross that bridge possibly with a filler). He did not in any way make me feel that I have to do it. He talked to me about the fillers and said he could do whatever I wanted or nothing at all. The fillers are honestly about the same cost. I suggested other things like a blephoplasty (just to see if he would bite) and he said absolutely not. That I have no fat in that area and no amount of pulling it tight will make it look full. So I'm doing it. Wish me luck!

Everything went well!

I'll add more detail later but I'm a okay. Very swollen from the rhino and bruised under my eyes from the transfer. Here's a sneak peek.

1 week post op

It's been a week and I'm doing well. I don't think I realized that I would be so swollen and numb for so long but when I think about it, he did shove a cannula in my cheeks to inject the fat so duh. Still black and blue but I love it. Hope must of it stays.

2 weeks!

Love the result. Cheeks are a smidge numb still but much improvement. Still numb and can't move my top lip but that's from the rhino. A bit of the fat has dissolved but that's ok. Doesn't look a tight as it did and that's better. Still bruised under my eyes but getting better and easily covered with make-up.
Kofi Boahene

Your results look amazing! How much was the rhinoplasty alone?
I'd like to know this too.
Check out my rhino review. I update that more. It was about $8750 for that alone.
Are you still satisfied with fat transfer to under area? Do you know how many cc's he placed under each eye.? You look very natural and beautiful...I'm glad you did not go for more treatments...I am currently recovering from same procedure...I have a lot more swelling than you did? I'm not going to do this again.
I just had a procedure to remove the fat. Wish me luck. I am still swollen and bruised but I think it worked. Just a few small scars...
I wish you the best
Also it helps to think positive and envision the results you want to achieve...and pray...
Hi there No I'm not satisfied. The fat all went away. It could have been worst though. Are you happy with it?
Your results look good.
Hey sweety where are you? hope you are recovering well. kiss kiss
I had the same bad experience as nic_s. After many consults, most advise to leave "as is" because surgery will make it worse...it may create scarring or cause the skin to adhere to the cheekbone...I am so depressed. It used to be I could not get through a week without someone telling how beautiful my eyes were....now they just ask me what happened to my eyes. The horrible part is that I declined this service and the surgeon did it anyway after a lipo....
I just went through the same experience and feel the same. It's been a month. I have new problems now and I look older. I'm searching for a doctor who might be able to correct this. I have one on mind who filled the area under my eyes 6 years ago and everything went well. After seeing some doctor on TV show some selective pics, I opted to go with him and am alive to regret. I feel hopeful that this can be repaired. Please tell me about you...
Love your result. My surgeon "experimented" on me. I had not wanted fat injections, but he did them under my eyes! Lumps everywhere. They told me the would re-absorb in about 6 months. They did not. I look horrible! I used to be an eye model in my youth. I have gone for 3 consults. Nobody knows how to correct it. They says surgery might make it worse. I hardly socialize now and work from home as much as I can. I suppose it is vain, but it was a big change. I think I am still in denial...If anyone knows a specialist in removing it anywhere in the US, I will travel to fix this....
Have a consult with my Dr and see what he says. He does a lot of revisions. He'll do a Skype consult if you're not in the area.
I called and I am scheduled fir s consult! Thanks so much.
OMG- you are gorgeous! Congratulations!! Amelia
wondering how your procedure went? Hope everything was fine. Cant wait to hear your experiences as i am planing to do the same.
Hey. Sorry for the delay. It went great! I'm crazy swollen right now but I like what I see. I'll add a pic. Don't know what it will look like once its not swollen so we'll see.
so glad to hear everything went well, wishing you a speedy recovery :)
hows the healing going??? still swollen? have you removed your splint? Hows the fat transfer healing?
Hey. I've been updating on my rhino review and not here. Everything is ok. Still swollen so I feel like I look weird cause I can't move my cheeks or top lip. I didn't have splints or a cast (he didn't break my nose). The fat transfer looks great! I hope it stays like this but if it gives a bit once I'm healed I'm OK with that too. Trying to prepare myself if it all doesn't live. I'll add some pics here.
Can you send me your doctor's info as well? Thanks,
glad you had a solid discussion with Dr. B., KAIDC. Best of luck---
I have a scar on my face under my left eye and it left a deep depression because I was missing the fat that starts right at your eye socket. Dr. Ringler of Grand Rapids, MI said that he could fill in some of the depression and smooth the scar with a fat transfer. I was honestly a little disappointed because I thought that he went a little on the safe side but I am now 8 months out of the surgery and it's amazing. It's smooth, it's way less noticeable and the darkened skin down the start of the scar has considerably lightened. In fact now my other eye looks a little worse for wear than what he did so in another year we are going in to add just a bit more to the scar and just a bit to the other eye. However my fat transfer is a good half inch away from my eye and I have no desire to go over board for any more risk. I really think it has a lot to do with the doctor because based on the bad things I've seen happen, I couldn't have asked for a more thorough and thoughtful doctor.
sometimes you have to wait for the fluffing they talk about it with the BBls so i guess it happens once the fat adhires. it plumps up when the full blood volume is reached.