Procedure Went Smoothly, Results Not Quite Evident Yet. - Baltimore, MD

I have thought about lower eyelid surgery for a...

I have thought about lower eyelid surgery for a while to get rid of dark circles, bags, and that tired look. Dr. Capone's office was the second one I had been to, and I was immediately impressed that I saw him on the first visit. At the other practice you see the office staff first, then the doctor. He was very attentive and explained the results I could expect in a realistic manner. So my gut feeling was to go with Dr. Capone. The surgery went well, there were no surprises about swelling or brusing as I was well prepared by Dr. Capone. I am now 2wks out and while the bruising is better, I still seem to have some dark rings, the area is smoother (no bags), but I won't know how I will ultimately look until 3 mo post surgery. I am pleased with the office staff and my overall experience so far.
Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Capone is great, he is realistic about what you can expect, and puts you at ease. He comes highly recommended

How is everything going now?  Are the dark rings fading?

Hi. It is now almost 4 wks. The bruising is pretty much gone, mine was worse than yours as my procedure was transcutaneous rather than transconjunctival. I did not have huge bags, my left eye was less "baggy" than my right. Right now my left eye has no bag, my right eye is still a bit puffy underneath. I still have dark rings in the tear trough area, mostly on the right. I have read that these take a long time to fade especially if there is bruising. I have a follow up appt at the 6 wk time. My surgeon told me before the surgery that I may need a filler, but need to wait at least 3 mo for sure.

Thanks for the reply.  Sounds like you are healing well, hang in there!.  I remember seeing all sorts of changes every day for the first few months- one day I'd have bags, the next day I'd see dark circles.  It really does take 6 months before you start to see the final results.  Keep us posted on how your healing goes, and definitely let us know how your 6 week post-op goes!

Thank you for your comments & feedback! We'll be anxious to hear more when you have several additional weeks of healing under your belt. But glad you are pleased thus far. It will get better.