Lower Bleph - Baltimore, MD

I am 26 years old and have hereditary dark...

I am 26 years old and have hereditary dark circles/bags. I had lower transconjunctival blepharoplasty in the beginning of December 2011. Now over 4 months later the bags are mostly gone, however under certain indoor lighting I have terrible dark marks. I am not sure whether this is bruising or what. I am not sure whether the fact that that they are MUCH more visible in certain lightings makes a difference or not as to what the problem is. Is this normal? Is there anything I can do to fix this? Please help!

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

My first visit back with my doctor to get the...

My first visit back with my doctor to get the bandages removed he said everything looked good. It was hard to tell because there was obviously still bruising. After a month I went back to him and showed him that I still had these dark red/blue marks and I wasn't sure what it was. He just said that is just the way my skin is and theres nothing he can do about that. I asked about lasers etc and he just said that wouldn't do anything. What bothers me is that the whole under eye area isn't dark like when most people have dark circles, it is just a streak of darkness. I feel as if it might be the blood from the surgery clotting together under the skin or something? Before I had the surgery done I just had eye bags. If you pulled the skin tight there would be no blueish marks which is why we felt that the surgery would be successful. Not really sure what the problem is! My biggest concern is the placement of the darkness because it's very concentrated in one area like someone painted blue/red lines on me. I just can't tell if this is maybe hemosiderin staining or something. Any help would be appreciated!

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

I really hope I didn't trade eye bags for...

I really hope I didn't trade eye bags for extremely dark circles. What bothers me even if is that if it were just even darkness under my eyes that would be one thing but it's like streaks which makes it even harder to cover-up with makeup!! What can I do?!!

If you are anonymous..why not shar the doctor name so some of us that are considering in your area will not go to him?
Would it be possible to fill under eye hollows with
an autologous (self) fat transfer?

Yellow makeup removes bluish marks, green removes red. Best of luck to both of you.
Hi Anonymous 443, sorry to see that you now have dark areas under your eyes that you didn't have before. For what it is worth, I would gladly trade my undereye hollows (from a lower bleph in Feb. 2011) for decent volume and smoothness that requires careful make-up application to cover up blue tints. Covering tinted skin is easier than trying to achieve normal fullness taken away by an aggressive lower bleph. I have had a very difficult time dealing with my hollowness (several rounds of fillers and none look natural) and I'd now give anything for smooth contours under my eyes, even if I had to apply concealer every single day! Best of luck to you. : )

The surgery went well and the doctor really tried to answer all my questions and make me feel at ease. However, after the surgery I had one follow up (not including when the bandages were taken off) and even though I expressed concerns he seemed to just shrug it off and say there was nothing else he could do about the dark circles.